Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

On the train home for the last time after finishing my 8 month assignment in Paris I really don't like Paris (or at least the part where I stayed and worked).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Sitting in the Galleries Club lounge At Gatters waiting for our flight to Malaga and then on to Torremolinos. First class lounge was full so we will head back there after the Bridgetown flight has boarded.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
thank goodness it's friday because the weekend gives everyone a chance to relax, realise that most of us are still alive and well, that change happens and that we can hopefully move on......

tin hat moment.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chris1979
thank goodness it's friday because the weekend gives everyone a chance to relax, realise that most of us are still alive and well, that change happens and that we can hopefully move on......

tin hat moment.
Completely agree - lots more importnant things in life than BAEC

Off for a weekend break in Venice - can't wait!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
TGIF, just checked in for my F flight tomorrow to Haneda, then on to Sapporo for 10days snowboarding in Niseko.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Some nugget just arranged a conference call for me for 8pm tonight. Id quite like to have manufactured a big metal tgif sign, find them, and beat them with it. need....new....job...... Other than that, yay, friday! Booked the aer lingus shuttle for a couple of weeks for my next BA ex-dub in feb (and yes ill do the last segment and jump the atr back to glasgow again, plus another 9 hrs on the 747 and aa's 77w on the return). Weather had better be decent, i have still only ever seen clouds and got chucked around everytime i take those gla-dub flights... I was going to book ryanair for 9 quid, then got bored of figuring out the extras and paid 100 more for aer Lingus. Ba silver still aint that bad, at least booking is easy!

Ps where next, i hate you!! :-)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by chris1979

tin hat moment.
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
Completely agree - lots more importnant things in life than BAEC
Off for a weekend break in Venice - can't wait!
^ ^ ^
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Ps where next, i hate you!! :-)
^^
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
After a hectic week of work, coupled with hectic evenings of joining FT, booking my first ex-EU to HNL and then realising just how much it's going to cost thanks to Spring Break students in Hawaii over Easter it's definitely time for the weekend!

Work has me in Glasgow today and Monday so a weekend with family/friends, including Celtic Connections music festival. Not too bad at all.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Happy Friday everyone. Staying local here, lunch with my Mom (who's actually off to London on Sunday) and then work tonight. Usual stuff.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Fly Baby
.....lots more importnant things in life than BAEC.........
Well, I can't think of anything that could be - this is a frequent flyer site so a long dicussion about bus timetables or terry towel diapers does nothing for me. Let's have a list af things more important than BAEC/other FF programmes and sort the men from the boys.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Sat in T5 GF, waiting for my flight to Brussels for a weekend away, just me, myself and I, after a long week in the office
Everyone in GF seems in a good mood, with people striking up conversations with random people and seeing where everyone is off too on this cold friday night
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
On the train home for the last time after finishing my 8 month assignment in Paris I really don't like Paris (or at least the part where I stayed and worked).
I was the same after commuting back and forth tyo Rome for 3mths (couldnt have done 8mths, would have killed me). and still remember the BA Purser/CM/CSM laughing when i said i dont have to come back here ever again!

I think work always spoils places, as you see the place as it really is and not the touristy traps..
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's no worse than London for a major world class city.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Just boarded the 1740 GLA-LCY (BA2213) after the 1610 was cancelled. 2 London prides and copious amounts of glenlivet in the lounge, G&T for the flight, and then an evening of work drinks after I land in London. I shall then eventually crash in the Radisson New Providence Wharf for the night and for a gentle start to Saturday. In other words, I quite enjoy flying home on a Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.