Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Really bad GGL service. (call center).

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Really bad GGL service. (call center).

A very long story short, I used my voucher to book a ticket, changed it twice then a third time, ended up paying so much more for that idiot voucher. While I was on the phone changing my voucher dates... yes again... I noticed that BA had this promo buy a biz class and upgrade. Decided to buy such a ticket, quick email to the TA, and voila, but it wasn't confirmed because I wanted to make sure that it could be done... Yes says the lady, but there are no upgradable seats left, so you'll have to use miles and a joker.. but Madame, you have to have the ticket confirmed. Great I tell the lady will fire an email to confirm and pay for the ticket to my TA.

Did that last night, this a.m. ticket confirmed... call the GGL line, and the lady says NO, no can do, and besides the T&C is the trip has to start in the UK..(not true I checked them as she was saying it and it starts from France and Monaco, told her that) even before she got any of my info, as in card # or whatever. And as some of you who know me... lighting went out of my eyes... Yes the lady said I could do it... No madame, you had to do it at time of call. No, lady said I could use joker and miles... But why do you want to waste your joker... Cuz I never use those idiot jokers and today I want to.. the argument goes back and forth back and forth... System is down Madame.. so should I call back, well let me see what I can do... and off she disappears, am on the line for I have no idea how long.. I think that I might have dozed off... she finally comes back and says yes it could be done... but are you sure you want to waste the joker... I said yes, otherwise it will go down the drain like all the other years...

Now the GGL is supposed to have good if not great service..but if I know better than the person on the other end, then something is really wrong.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Now the GGL is supposed to have good if not great service..but if I know better than the person on the other end, then something is really wrong.
I would suggest you probably know the First product far better than person on the telephone, and some of this FlyerTalk malarky must be rubbing off on you by now. I suspect they freaked out when they saw how long your PNR must have been after all the changes on it. Having said that, I've tended to have good to excellent service on GGL, there again I rarely change my bookings.......

Go on, try Club World in 64A or 64K! Then give us a Trip Report!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would suggest you probably know the First product far better than person on the telephone, and some of this FlyerTalk malarky must be rubbing off on you by now. I suspect they freaked out when they saw how long your PNR must have been after all the changes on it. Having said that, I've tended to have good to excellent service on GGL, there again I rarely change my bookings.......

Go on, try Club World in 64A or 64K! Then give us a Trip Report!

I got my upgrade and seat 1k.. but I had to tell her what to do... as in the promo etc.. She never asked me about the seat or product.

But if I, knew that I could upgrade with miles and she didn't then something was wrong, she needs more training.

CWS, it wasn't the voucher ticket, that one I am using in May when I know for sure that I can't change my mind, it is my little one's graduation from Columbia.. So no date changes going, but maybe coming.

This one, was a brand new ticket. Paid for one way biz return in F.. so wanted to upgrade the biz leg to F.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
A very long story short...
And ... breathe....
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
And ... breathe....
Hehehehehe, miss your funny comments.

Just checked I was on the phone for 43 minutes. Mind you calling from Paris to a UK #.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When the phone person doesnt know what to do, you redial and try for the next one.

Its cost cutting these days. One day a company will udnerstand that all people want is a call person to understand what the options are, in a language we all understand. One day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.