Wiki Posts
Search

BA F vs LH F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NotHome
I have always been very comfortable in the Concorde room .......but the F terminal in FRA really is a step ahead.
And the F-terminal comes into its own when you are travelling from Frankfurt rather than connecting there. Imagine a Concorde Room in its very own terminal, dedicated to looking after only BA first-class travellers (and Concorde roomers). Then providing all of them with limo transport from their private terminal to the aircraft.

OK the facilities might get stretched in the morning rush hours, but still ...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:46 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I did BA F and LH F last month (twice) and both times had new F on BA. I then was on the A380 on LH between SIN and FRA.

I couldn't really fault BA F - although I do think 14 in the nose section of a 747 is too much. Food was mediocre but service was good. IFE is/was very average.

The A380 on LH was in another league. Your own private locker, enormous bathrooms, I had no issue with the spaciousness of the cabin and the seats (and general cabin fit and finish) was superb. Best nights sleep I've had on a plane in a long time. Food and wine most excellent. IFE though was very average in terms of quantity of programs (but I am biased and used to EK's IFE )

And I agree, the FCT is my favourite lounge. Ever.

I like the look of BA's F product on their new A380. I hope they build bigger bathrooms though...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:40 am

I would suggest LH F, its more spacious as others said. Service would be what you can expect from a German, efficient. But maybe lack bit of friendliness if that is what you consider important as well.
Food wise, I would say LH just ahead of BA cause of its choices, although quantity really depends on what you choose, but avoid beef on BA on all cause.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.