Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Options for when you don't get your first choice meal in W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Options for when you don't get your first choice meal in W

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
No. It is not. No meal order taken in W. Service front to back.
When the "CW" meals started in W, this was delivered. Takes about 3 minutes of a ten hour flight, and avoids pissig off the people paying to keep the plane in the air.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
~Just another example of where BA tell you you will get the choice of 2 J main courses before you part with your hard earned ~

When what they mean is you might get a choice.... and you might not!
~Thanks BBB for confirming that the WT+ cabin service is front to back...
~tho' I am surprised that status is not considered.....
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
No use having a pop... Nothing I can do about it.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:47 pm

~ BBB ~ I wasn't having a pop.... my (aged) parents have just booked a WT+ LHR-LAX and back from MIA .....was persuaded to upgrade to WT+ and one of the benefits is advertised (lifted from the B.A. blurb and also by the tour operator)
"You can look forward to a three-course meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner, depending on your flight time. On flights into and out of London Heathrow and London Gatwick, YOUR choice of main course comes from the business class Club World menu, while all our main course options are designed by leading chefs."

I will mention it to them and hopefully they will pick some seats towards the front of the cabin if they are fussed.....
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Interesting to know. As I've been travelling every week or every 2 weeks in WT+ on the longhaul 767s, I started to move further back in the cabins to try to ensure I got the seat next to me free. In doing this, I was more and more often not getting my first choice of meal, despite having a pretty good status.

More recently therefore I have plonked myself into Row 10 - more likely to have a row-mate, but also more likely to get what I want from the menu. Shame it doesn't seem possible to get a good seat and a good choice from the menu on the same flight...
I hate to be flippant, and I'm more likely to travel in WTP than CW, but shouldn't you be moving to CW if you want a better seat or meal service than what WTP promises?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:13 pm

BlackberryAddict...... the point is, B.A. do say they provide it in their blurb, as per my post....
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
YOUR choice of main course comes from the business class Club World menu
Well to be fair, your choice will come from that menu. You just may not *get* it

I think that you have to apply a "within reason" to it considering there is only so much accounting they can do before a random run on an item causes it to be unavailable. It isn't like they can nip out for some more.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 5:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I suppose running out of meal choices in WT+ is no different from running out of choices on a longer Club Europe flight, or any other cabin for that matter?

I would accept it as one of those risks of travelling not to be able to get my preference, although I am generally not too fussy anyway.

At least BA don't usually make it really obvious what they are doing if they are trying to give preference to Gold/Silver passengers (not that I particularly want priorities - I don't really feel I need it as such, and it would be embarrassing if it's done in an obvious way like some carriers do).
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I hate to be flippant, and I'm more likely to travel in WTP than CW, but shouldn't you be moving to CW if you want a better seat or meal service than what WTP promises?
Not really - the client won't pay for CW and in fact it's not really required for a 3.5 hour flight! (Unless it is the overnight flight when I will always travel CW but don't eat..!) My frustration is that I would just like what's promised in terms of meals more often than not. In terms of the extra seat, in fact CW is always packed on my regular route so I often end up with more personal space in WT+ ! CW on a 767 can be pretty cramped in comparison.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Well unfortunately that is the wrong way too. Both the Upperdeck and the Lower deck should pool their orders and prioritise Gold and Silver card holders together.
I must get victimised intentionally.

On the UD of any of the LAX flights I'm usually in 64k, and without exception I have not received my first choice - even on the 2nd 'cold meal' it hasn't occurred to the crew to prioritise the people who didn't receive first choice on the main meal run...

I've got another LAX return with both legs in 64k at the end of the month and am considering taking a picnic. I do love a scotch egg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.