Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Points for WT+ on Qantas metal; BA flight number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

I flew BA7352 yesterday which is a codeshare with Qantas from SIN->BNE (I.e. Qantas metal but a BA flight number) on a paid for WT+ ticket. I was expecting this to give both Tier points and Avios being booked under a BA flight number (through BA). That's certainly suggested by the "manage my booking" page (under passenger information) and was my understanding. It is currently showing as posted with 0 Tier Points and - (dash) Avois on my statement.

1. Am I correct in thinking this should give both Tier points and Avios?

2. Assuming I should be receiving Tier / Avios does this usually take a few additional days to post (in which case I'll just hang on) or it is something that I need to chase with BAEC?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
You should get them. I did the same flight the other way round (BNE-SIN) back in Septemeber, and I've just checked my statement which appears to show they posted to my account the next day, at the same time as my subsequent SIN-LHR (on BA metal) ones.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by borrible
1. Am I correct in thinking this should give both Tier points and Avios?

2. Assuming I should be receiving Tier / Avios does this usually take a few additional days to post (in which case I'll just hang on) or it is something that I need to chase with BAEC?
Nice username by the way.

1. Yes, you get the full tier points and avios as if it were BA metal flight.

2. It can take anything from overnight to four days, the normal being around two days. If you taken the flight, say, on a Saturday, it should be posted by Monday, on average. If nothing shows by Thursday, then I'd chase BAEC up.

Out of interest, what is the class codes showing in your BAEC statement for your WT+ flight on the SIN-BNE sector?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stez
Out of interest, what is the class codes showing in your BAEC statement for your WT+ flight on the SIN-BNE sector?
W/E with statement showing SINGAPORE - BRISBANE (W/E)BA7352(Operated by: Qantas)(Booking ref: xxxxxx)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by borrible
W/E with statement showing SINGAPORE - BRISBANE (W/E)BA7352(Operated by: Qantas)(Booking ref: xxxxxx)
Hmm, I wonder if the system is confusing the QF "E" fare which is (or was) a QF discounted economy fare that earned no tier points on QF. But for BA, the E fare is full earning WT+ fare for tier points and miles as you were booked with a BA codeshare, ie, with a BA-prefix on the flight number.

That said, I'd give it at least three working days from the date of flight to see if those zeroes change to something nicer, and then chase BAEC up.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver)
Same thing has happened to me last two LHR-SIN-PER trips. Just fill in the missing Avios claim and you will get your Avios and tier points
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Qantas does not offer WTP, but its premium economy seats do earn TPs and Avios. The online claim tool may not let you claim it as it does appear on your statement, just at the wrong value. So you might have to phone up.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Qantas does not offer WTP, but its premium economy seats do earn TPs and Avios. The online claim tool may not let you claim it as it does appear on your statement, just at the wrong value. So you might have to phone up.
Or contact customer services online using the webform. Customer services will then inform you they have passed it onto to BAEC to deal with.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
My BNE-SIN-LHR trip last month in PE (first sector upgraded to J!) posted by the time I got home!

You did right booking it via BA. If you booked on QF.com and applied your BAEC numbers you'd be earning a quarter of the points!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:08 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by dddc
You did right booking it via BA. If you booked on QF.com and applied your BAEC numbers you'd be earning a quarter of the points!
This is incorrect.

BA code earns 125% of mileage and 25%/100% bonus
QF code earns 110% of mileage and 25%/50% bonus
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
What about the tier bonus?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stez
Or contact customer services online using the webform. Customer services will then inform you they have passed it onto to BAEC to deal with.
Once the return flight had posted (again without the correct Tier / Avios) I called BAEC. This was 9 days after the outbound and on the day the inbound posted. I received an "passed this on to our Flight Claims team" email the next day and the Tier / Avios were updated on my account 5 days (3 business days) later. All correct and relatively pain free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.