Wiki Posts
Search

BA Seating Policy Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
All the middle pair seats suddenly filled up yesterday so I panicked and paid to book two together so we weren't separate. When I OLCI this afternoon they had already placed us in the pair as if they preallocated these 36 hrs out.
I don't understand what happened here. Weren't you simply put in the seats that you had already paid for?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:16 am

Nope, at OLCI they put me in 2 middle seats that had been showing as taken just before and not the ones I had paid for.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eaunoire
Nope, at OLCI they put me in 2 middle seats that had been showing as taken just before and not the ones I had paid for.
Are you sure that you have been charged for the pre-allocation that you think you have paid for? And were they a different kind of seat pair?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:34 am

Yea paid 88 each for 57 E and F last night and it was showing all day today. It was only when checking it had me in row 13 instead. It showed that I had paid for seats too.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were you able to move back to the seats that you originally wanted?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I'm a GCH traveling in CE in row 1, and a colleague is traveling in CE on the same flight but he's a SCH on a different PNR. Is there any way I can get his seat changed to an adjacent, vacant row 1 seat?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by User Name
I'm a GCH traveling in CE in row 1, and a colleague is traveling in CE on the same flight but he's a SCH on a different PNR. Is there any way I can get his seat changed to an adjacent, vacant row 1 seat?
Yes. You need to request the bookings are linked then ask for the seat change.

Linking bookings (called TCP - To or Total Complete Party) is available to any status, it is not a gold specific benefit. All TCP'ing two bookings does though is add a note on one referencing the other. It is not any kind of merging of the bookings, and nor does it provide any access to the other booking. It also does not provide any protection for connections when linking two separate sequential bookings. The linking can be done by the BA agent on the phone.

What is a BA gold benefit is free seat selection for the non-gold/silver booking passenger. If you are a GCH and there is someone travelling on the same flight and in the same cabin on a separate booking, you can request free seat selection for the other person so that you can sit together. This second step, after doing the TCP, is usually sent off to the infamous back office to process and takes around 1-3 days to do in my experience. Basically you tell the agent what seats you want to be allocated to the other person and that request is then sent off to be processed.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes. You need to request the bookings are linked then ask for the seat change.

Linking bookings (called TCP - To or Total Complete Party) is available to any status, it is not a gold specific benefit. All TCP'ing two bookings does though is add a note on one referencing the other. It is not any kind of merging of the bookings, and nor does it provide any access to the other booking. It also does not provide any protection for connections when linking two separate sequential bookings. The linking can be done by the BA agent on the phone.

What is a BA gold benefit is free seat selection for the non-gold/silver booking passenger. If you are a GCH and there is someone travelling on the same flight and in the same cabin on a separate booking, you can request free seat selection for the other person so that you can sit together. This second step, after doing the TCP, is usually sent off to the infamous back office to process and takes around 1-3 days to do in my experience. Basically you tell the agent what seats you want to be allocated to the other person and that request is then sent off to be processed.
There was one additional step when, as a GCH I wanted to pre select seats for friends on the same flight but on a separate ticket. They had to confirm to BA that they wanted me to change their seats.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I have read the posts about TCP when you have two a status and non-status person on the same flight.

However, my situation is that I am a OneWorld Sapphire, but I have bought an Award ticket in ClubWorld for somebody who has no status. I am not flying on the flight but used my miles from my AA account to pay for it.

When we selected a seat for him it made us pay. How can I get BA to know that this ticket originated from my OneWorld Sapphire eligible account?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Jish
When we selected a seat for him it made us pay. How can I get BA to know that this ticket originated from my OneWorld Sapphire eligible account?
It doesn't matter who paid for it, it's his ticket and he does not have the status to select a seat for free.

Last edited by SteveF; Jan 6, 2016 at 9:36 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jish
I have read the posts about TCP when you have two a status and non-status person on the same flight.

However, my situation is that I am a OneWorld Sapphire, but I have bought an Award ticket in ClubWorld for somebody who has no status. I am not flying on the flight but used my miles from my AA account to pay for it.

In addition to SteveF's answer, the TCP free seat selection for partners on a different PNR benefit is not for OneWorld Sapphire (or BA silver), it is only for BA Gold.
Old May 20, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
As a silver, I have just been able to grab 62A on the upper deck on a 744 - great, but it is designated as an exit row. I thought exit rows were restricted to Golds on longhaul; are they going to kick me out of that seat once they find out?
Old May 20, 2016, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAMuc
As a silver, I have just been able to grab 62A on the upper deck on a 744 - great, but it is designated as an exit row. I thought exit rows were restricted to Golds on longhaul; are they going to kick me out of that seat once they find out?
Long-haul exit rows in CW are not restricted to Golds. You will be fine.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Long-haul exit rows in CW are not restricted to Golds. You will be fine.
That is sweet news - direct aisle access, here I come!
Old May 21, 2016, 4:30 am

Hi, if I make a booking on BA as a bronze and move up to silver a month before travelling on that booking, can I go into to that booking and select the seats I require for free as soon as become silver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.