Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | North America

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL
There are 5 of us travelling Business Class on BA2322 from PHL to DUB on US metal, consisting of 2 BA Gold card members and 3 BA Blue. Which lounges are we allowed to use and for those who know PHL better than I, which lounges would be best for us.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Royalscot
There are 5 of us travelling Business Class on BA2322 from PHL to DUB on US metal, consisting of 2 BA Gold card members and 3 BA Blue. Which lounges are we allowed to use and for those who know PHL better than I, which lounges would be best for us.
The BA lounge is the best one, but I can't see you being allowed access. It's a bit small (and in the wrong place for your flight in all probability), so they tend to make it BA metal only, and given the size of the party I suspect that's a no-go.

So personally I would go to what used to be the US Club, now an Admirals, which is huge. The food and drink is very basic snack stuff, but the seating is OK. This lounge occupies almost all the spaces between the B and C concourses, it's massive. The entrance is off the moving walkway between B and C. It's got a funny door arrangement, but once through that you will be warmly greeted inside.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Thanks CWS hopefully we can negotiate the funny door
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Mr. K and I are traveling SFO-LHR at 19:00 on a Friday in CW.

Are we able to use the Cathay Pacific Lounge? I read they have a noodle bar? BA Business Lounge food options are less appealing and I never trust I'll be happy with what I'm served on the plane so I always have a bite before I board.

Anyone know how close either of these lounges are to whatever gate they are using for the A380?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kryssa
Mr. K and I are traveling SFO-LHR at 19:00 on a Friday in CW.

Are we able to use the Cathay Pacific Lounge? I read they have a noodle bar? BA Business Lounge food options are less appealing and I never trust I'll be happy with what I'm served on the plane so I always have a bite before I board.

Anyone know how close either of these lounges are to whatever gate they are using for the A380?

Thanks!

I tried to use the Cathay Pacific lounge @ SFO on a Club World ticket last August. They said "no".

And yes, food in the BA lounge was terrible.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I tried to use the Cathay Pacific lounge @ SFO on a Club World ticket last August. They said "no".
You were incorrectly denied access (unless they pulled the 'at capacity' card, or were close to closing). Next time, show them this: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: aeroplan, aadvantage, BAEC
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I've had the same. They firmly denied me entrance and sent me to the BA lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
You were incorrectly denied access (unless they pulled the 'at capacity' card, or were close to closing). Next time, show them this: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
I did but they still said "no", but in a very polite way ...
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is the SOP at SFO. You're in the BA lounge if you are flying BA or LAN, the CX lounge if flying CX, and I would imagine if one were to push them, they would indeed play the capacity card. The CX lounge is quite large, so it isn't a plausible gambit. I don't know for sure about the JAL lounge close to the CX lounge, but there again I doubt anyone would willingly want to go there anyway.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
The Club at LAS

I heard the lady behind the bar just limit a woman to 6 drinks. Apparently that is standard, although it does not seem to be advertised anywhere. Don't get me wrong this lady was not drinking herself, she ordered drinks for her party but was told 6 is the limit - and she had ordered 5!

The lounge is also extremely busy tonight - I always said it should have been bigger - it was an improvement in decor over the one in Term 2 but size was way out for the amount of folks that are allowed in - pretty much if you have a Tesco Clubcard I think you would stand a chance of getting in!

Regards

aks120
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by aks120
I heard the lady behind the bar just limit a woman to 6 drinks. Apparently that is standard, although it does not seem to be advertised anywhere. Don't get me wrong this lady was not drinking herself, she ordered drinks for her party but was told 6 is the limit - and she had ordered 5!

The lounge is also extremely busy tonight - I always said it should have been bigger - it was an improvement in decor over the one in Term 2 but size was way out for the amount of folks that are allowed in - pretty much if you have a Tesco Clubcard I think you would stand a chance of getting in!

Regards

aks120
I've not heard of a drinks limit in that lounge, perhaps it was a Priority Pass guest??
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've not heard of a drinks limit in that lounge, perhaps it was a Priority Pass guest??
She did not check id or anything - and the barmaid said it quietly - but the lady was not 'drunk' at all (ie she was not being limited due to intoxication!) - I am at no 4....... we shall see

aks120
Old May 5, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The BA lounge is the best one, but I can't see you being allowed access. It's a bit small (and in the wrong place for your flight in all probability), so they tend to make it BA metal only, and given the size of the party I suspect that's a no-go.

So personally I would go to what used to be the US Club, now an Admirals, which is huge. The food and drink is very basic snack stuff, but the seating is OK. This lounge occupies almost all the spaces between the B and C concourses, it's massive. The entrance is off the moving walkway between B and C. It's got a funny door arrangement, but once through that you will be warmly greeted inside.
I've had a US flight leaving close to the BA lounge and was granted access as they opened, but I was traveling alone.

The huge US lounge is huge, the internet sucks, but the food options aren't terrible. Greek yoghurt in the mornings, soups in the afternoon. I'm guessing they do chits for premiums too.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I doubt Priority Pass would limit their own customers (same company operates that lounge as issues Priority Pass). It is probably a service limit per trip to the bar.

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Reports that the PHL lounge have agents who do not understand entry requirements. Family friend told at 10am that the lounge was a QR lounge until about 3pm when it switches to a BA lounge. Despite family friend pointing out that QR was part of One World and that they had Gold status for BA they were denied entry. Just a heads up.
It is definitely a BA lounge. Branded and everything. I'd have stood firm. Their staff seems light and they always seem to be frazzled.

Originally Posted by nordic
Yesterday I found out there is a separate Galleries First section at the Philadelphia lounge (can't give too many details, but it opens before 4 P.M. maybe because the AA lounge is merged with BA lounge).
Indeed, there is a Flounge there. Well, its a First side to the lounge. Last I was there, I was the only one (lounge had just opened) and enjoyed some Piper.
Old May 6, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have a question about the BOS Terraces Lounge. It is shown in the information pages at the start of this thread as closing at 20:15 but the four BA services leave at 08:10, 19:10, 21:40 and 22:30. Is the times shown an error or does it really close at 20:15? The reason for asking is that I am going to BOS soon and was looking to see what the 'sleeper flight' options were given that sleep will be at a premium!
Old May 6, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
This from the OW lounge database.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.