FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounge Database | North America
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2015, 11:16 pm
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The BA lounge is the best one, but I can't see you being allowed access. It's a bit small (and in the wrong place for your flight in all probability), so they tend to make it BA metal only, and given the size of the party I suspect that's a no-go.

So personally I would go to what used to be the US Club, now an Admirals, which is huge. The food and drink is very basic snack stuff, but the seating is OK. This lounge occupies almost all the spaces between the B and C concourses, it's massive. The entrance is off the moving walkway between B and C. It's got a funny door arrangement, but once through that you will be warmly greeted inside.
I've had a US flight leaving close to the BA lounge and was granted access as they opened, but I was traveling alone.

The huge US lounge is huge, the internet sucks, but the food options aren't terrible. Greek yoghurt in the mornings, soups in the afternoon. I'm guessing they do chits for premiums too.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've not heard of a drinks limit in that lounge, perhaps it was a Priority Pass guest??
I doubt Priority Pass would limit their own customers (same company operates that lounge as issues Priority Pass). It is probably a service limit per trip to the bar.

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Reports that the PHL lounge have agents who do not understand entry requirements. Family friend told at 10am that the lounge was a QR lounge until about 3pm when it switches to a BA lounge. Despite family friend pointing out that QR was part of One World and that they had Gold status for BA they were denied entry. Just a heads up.
It is definitely a BA lounge. Branded and everything. I'd have stood firm. Their staff seems light and they always seem to be frazzled.

Originally Posted by nordic
Yesterday I found out there is a separate Galleries First section at the Philadelphia lounge (can't give too many details, but it opens before 4 P.M. maybe because the AA lounge is merged with BA lounge).
Indeed, there is a Flounge there. Well, its a First side to the lounge. Last I was there, I was the only one (lounge had just opened) and enjoyed some Piper.