Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Combine my Avios' helpdesk thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jomama341
I'm still unable to transfer Avios from BA to IB.

I've read that the best way to do this is using Avios.com help chat. However, how does one contact Avios.com directly? Whenever I navigate to their contact page, I'm taken to a page that forces to me log into one of their partners' systems. I can't figure out how to chat with Avios directly. Any advice would be appreciated!

I think it now works without the chat (did it successfully last month). You just have to use an avios.com account as intermediary. You can open an avios.com account via Aerclub or Vueling. Then log in it and transfer BA-> Avios.com -> IB or vv.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
wow that worked thanks for info but what a pain
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
My transfer from IB went to avios.com instead of BA. On avios.com I tried to book the flights. The site is very slow and shows availability dates but not the actual flights that I can see on BA.
Chat is closed probably due to it being Sunday. Any advice other than waiting til tomorrow?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:04 am

I'm trying to transfer my Avios from QR to BA, but receive this message

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://exchange.shopping.ba.com/partner/qatar" on this server.

Would anyone know what the problem is?

AFAIK my QRPC account is already linked to BAEC, as I had redeemed from QRPC before, which automatically "pulled" from my BAEC when there was insufficient Avios.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://exchange.shopping.ba.com/partner/qatar" on this server.

AFAIK my QRPC account is already linked to BAEC, as I had redeemed from QRPC before, which automatically "pulled" from my BAEC when there was insufficient Avios.
Does it work on your phone?

It sounds like the message you get when your work IT people have blocked a link.#

Otherwise, try clearing your cookies from your web browser. I went to the link just there and it works fine for me, so it'll be a local issue to you.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: Executive Club

Access Denied

I am abroad in a third-world country and quite often get this type of message, as some sites block access from countries they think are dodgy. If you use a proxy server (which makes the website think you are in the UK) it should solve the problem. I use Stream VPN but there are hundreds you could use, just google proxy server if you aren't familiar.
kevinang likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I get similar errors when using chrome. Find that using edge or Firefox usually fixes it
Old Jun 9, 2023, 11:59 am

Access Denied

i used opera free vpn. change location to usa, its worked
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:27 pm

Getting this error trying to transfer from BA to AerClub. My details are all the same on both, but noticed a bug on Avios.com where the city is moved to the address 2 field and the state/province is moved to the city field. That could be the reason.

Sorry, the details of your accounts do not match, please log into your account and update your details. To use combine my Avios, your name, address, date of birth and email address must match on both accounts.

For reference purposes, here is the transaction id: CMA-1234345745869487
Old Jul 2, 2023, 10:55 pm

Been trying to link BA + Qatar Avios forever.

When the ability to link accounts first became available, I was traveling abroad and entered the phone number I was using at the time for 2FA, but because the # did not match the one I had on file with BA/Qatar, the link was rejected. But now I am unable to change the # when trying to link again.

I've called BA and Qatar and no one has been able to help, or even knows what I'm talking about.

Any roundabout method of doing this? The other option available is to enter the BA recovery code, but I did not save it when I signed up.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by download
Getting this error trying to transfer from BA to AerClub. My details are all the same on both, but noticed a bug on Avios.com where the city is moved to the address 2 field and the state/province is moved to the city field. That could be the reason.
It probably would be. When I first tried to do it, there was a mismatch and it was just that my phone number wasn't exactly the same in both (one had the country code at the beginning, one had the 0).

You could try moving the data in one or the other so they match.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 10:03 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I have a family member's BA and IB accounts linked on BA but they both have zero balance. The IB account is several years old with no recent movements.

What's the simplest way to get a movement in the IB account? Transfer 1k from Chase? Buy points from IB?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nsx
I have a family member's BA and IB accounts linked on BA but they both have zero balance. The IB account is several years old with no recent movements.

What's the simplest way to get a movement in the IB account? Transfer 1k from Chase? Buy points from IB?
Yes, whatever you can do. Probably e-rewards / aviosforthoughts is the simplest, quickest and free.
nsx likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 8:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Yes, whatever you can do. Probably e-rewards / aviosforthoughts is the simplest, quickest and free.
I can't believe it, but aviosforthoughts posted immediately. Literally 5 minutes and I can transfer Avios now. Thanks so much!
Old Jul 28, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: BA, IB, Vueling, Accor, Hilton
Apologies if covered above.... I am a leisure/retired regular traveller, silver, living in different locations depending on season. So, I have to keep an eye on good deals. I am a member of most IAG clubs - BA, IB, AerClub and VY, and Qatar for eastward locations. From time to time I consolidate my avios into BA, using 'Combine My Avios'. This has always been temperamental, but over recent times (days?) the functionality is improving! However, the new processes appear to be enforcing the 'matching name/address/DOB/email' rule. This appears to mean I cannot 'combine' AerClub and VY into BA at a similar time, as Avios.com does not allow AerClub and VY to have the same email address. Any workarounds, or advice?

FYI : The AGL chatline agents confirmed the 'no same emails within Avios.com' and suggested I simply close/change email/ reopen AerClub and VY as required! When I suggested this was less than sensible for me or AGL, I was timed out.... I also tried BA, but received the standard 'We only combine with IB and Qatar'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.