FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   'Combine my Avios' helpdesk thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1408769-combine-my-avios-helpdesk-thread.html)

vincentliu Nov 19, 2012 1:00 am

'Combine my Avios' helpdesk thread

I've been trying to do this for the last several days on BAEC. Everytime I click on the "Combine My Avios" button, it gives me

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
I have absolutely no problem with my network, and I am accessing the website from US.

exesoundtech Nov 19, 2012 1:50 am

Was working ok from the UK on Saturday to transfer from Diamond Club.

vincentliu Nov 19, 2012 2:57 am

Originally Posted by exesoundtech (Post 19709350)
Was working ok from the UK on Saturday to transfer from Diamond Club.

Last time I am successful at this, it is at the end of Oct after I cancelled a ticket issued from BMI and then transfer the refunded miles to BA. Now this is driving me crazy coz I am looking to book an award ticket and short of avios...

I did a network trace in my browser, it shows the POST request for https://wsx.avios.com/btt/btt gives me the error message. So it is definitely not a network problem.

RedVee Nov 19, 2012 3:12 am

Have you sucessfully used the facility from outside the Uk before? To be a member you need a UK address, so it might be picking up that you are logging in from another country, This bit of the T&Cs might cover this (my bolding):
B.1.2 We reserve the right not to enrol individuals with resident addresses in certain countries and/or regions or restrict transfers and changes of registered address. Such countries and/or regions are subject to change however reasonable advance notice will be given in circumstances where the removal of a country and/or region will affect the Membership of existing Members. To be eligible to collect Points under the Scheme you must provide an address in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

Can you use Hotspot or something like that to mask your location? Failing that, do you have a trusted person back in the UK that you can give your log on details to to see if they can combine them on your behalf?

Land-of-Miles Nov 19, 2012 3:36 am

I transferred 200k from BD on Saturday with no problems.

LTN Phobia Nov 19, 2012 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 19709591)
I transferred 200k from BD on Saturday with no problems.

So did I, except it was far fewer than 200k.

PanGalactic Nov 19, 2012 3:40 am

Try clearing your cookies, this seems to have been happening to a few folks since their latest website upgrade on Avios.com.

Failing that, try a different browser.

vincentliu Nov 19, 2012 4:03 am

Thank you for pointing that out. Though as a matter of fact, I registered BAEC account using my resident address in Beijing, and had been accessing my account from China for most of the time, which should be "legal".

Also as I said in the above post, I successfully combined my last drop of BMI destination miles at the end of last Oct. :(

@PanGalactic I just tried using private browsing mode in Firefox, which should be not using any cookies, still not working...

Just gave a call to BAEC customer care, told me I need to contact the local office in Beijing tomorrow.

Originally Posted by RedVee (Post 19709542)
Have you sucessfully used the facility from outside the Uk before? To be a member you need a UK address, so it might be picking up that you are logging in from another country, This bit of the T&Cs might cover this (my bolding):
B.1.2 We reserve the right not to enrol individuals with resident addresses in certain countries and/or regions or restrict transfers and changes of registered address. Such countries and/or regions are subject to change however reasonable advance notice will be given in circumstances where the removal of a country and/or region will affect the Membership of existing Members. To be eligible to collect Points under the Scheme you must provide an address in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

Can you use Hotspot or something like that to mask your location? Failing that, do you have a trusted person back in the UK that you can give your log on details to to see if they can combine them on your behalf?

Sharpeyshuffle Nov 19, 2012 4:40 am

I had this problem with safari, worked fine on Firefox... S change yor browser/ clear cookies

neuromancer Nov 19, 2012 5:24 am

Did it today, no problem. Try to clear the cookies, a different browser... You don't have to be in the UK for sure.

HIDDY Nov 19, 2012 5:36 am

Originally Posted by RedVee (Post 19709542)
Have you sucessfully used the facility from outside the Uk before? To be a member you need a UK address,

That looks like the Avios.com rules whereas the OP is doing a DC-BAEC transfer.

RedVee Nov 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 19709861)
That looks like the Avios.com rules whereas the OP is doing a DC-BAEC transfer.

You are right Hiddy, although it wasn't obvious in the OP that it was DC to BAEC. So I was talking a lot of rowlocks then, sorry OP:o

Bloomsbury Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sharpeyshuffle (Post 19709738)
I had this problem with safari, worked fine on Firefox... S change yor browser/ clear cookies

This.

I tried doing it with the Opera browser at the weekend and got the error, but when I used Google Chrome it worked ok. So I suspect it's a case of the web developer not testing it across all browsers or it might just be that you need to get the latest update for your browser/one of the plug-ins.

Buster Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm

This post reminded me that I still needed to do this...just logged in and managed to do it. I am in the US and using Firefox, for what it's worth.

shimura Nov 22, 2012 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Sharpeyshuffle (Post 19709738)

tried today, Safari w. Mountain Lion OSX not working, session expired message; Firefox w. Ubuntu 12.04 everything smooth,miles transferred.

Cheers