Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA gotten more stingy on the warm nuts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold

Travelling to ORD in F last week I was being served a total of 5 wam nuts (3 almonds and 2 cashews) with my drink. They were served in a really tiny cup. I haven't travelled in F for a year, but I swear the quantity used to be larger?
Another cost cutting measure? Seems a little stingy to me.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by gordon0808
Travelling to ORD in F last week I was being served a total of 5 wam nuts (3 almonds and 2 cashews) with my drink. They were served in a really tiny cup. I haven't travelled in F for a year, but I swear the quantity used to be larger?
Another cost cutting measure? Seems a little stingy to me.
I'm sure I got lots on my F flight as I would have noticed if there were so few on the plate. Maybe they were running out so they had to be stingy? 3 almonds and 2 cashews sound almost not worth serving - it would have looked pretty poor, I'd have thought.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:36 pm

Did you ask them for more?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If you want lashings of warm nuts you need to be in AA F.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I'm sure I got lots on my F flight as I would have noticed if there were so few on the plate. Maybe they were running out so they had to be stingy? 3 almonds and 2 cashews sound almost not worth serving - it would have looked pretty poor, I'd have thought.
It did look pretty poor, I heard others commented and asked for refill which they were given. Personally I don't really like nuts, so it didn't matter to me. Just thought those tiny cups looked a little sad.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 0hnoes
Did you ask them for more?
No, see my post above.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by gordon0808
It did look pretty poor, I heard others commented and asked for refill which they were given. Personally I don't really like nuts, so it didn't matter to me. Just thought those tiny cups looked a little sad.
If they had more to serve, I'd say it was a silly presentation. Or maybe the crew had lots of passengers who just nibbled on a few and thought people didn't want many or something. Still, it wouldn't have been very pretty to look at, so I'd say it wasn't a great idea to serve so few when they could have served more purely because it would have looked silly/stingy.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They can get even more stingy with their nuts as far as I'm concerned.....I hate them.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:24 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
They can get even more stingy with their nuts as far as I'm concerned.....I hate them.
I agree, the new ones are quite bad. I usually ask for the club ones instead and on most flights they happily oblige.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eae
I agree, the new ones are quite bad. I usually ask for the club ones instead and on most flights they happily oblige.
I'd much much prefer a bag of the savoury nibbles they hand out in BA economy than nuts.

UA were generous with the warm nuts....the wife got mine as well.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
That tickled the funny bone !
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I'd much much prefer a bag of the savoury nibbles they hand out in BA economy than nuts.

UA were generous with the warm nuts....the wife got mine as well.
Yes on LHR-PRG they do nuts (CW bag not warm) with drinks after take off and I too prefer the assorted Y offering.

I asked why on the PRG-LHR flight they said that they didn't serve nuts and was told the flight is too short ... It has a difference of 5-10 mins if that.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Do you mean the bird food?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by golfmad
Do you mean the bird food?
Hasn't been bird seed for ages, certainly as far as my domestics have been concerned. [Well certainly not the real bird seed disaster of yuck that prompted the term.]

The Dormens stuff is quite good. Although I prefer the mediteranean crisps they do to the savory nibbles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.