FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Has BA gotten more stingy on the warm nuts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1386674-has-ba-gotten-more-stingy-warm-nuts.html)

gordon0808 Sep 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Has BA gotten more stingy on the warm nuts?

Travelling to ORD in F last week I was being served a total of 5 wam nuts (3 almonds and 2 cashews) with my drink. They were served in a really tiny cup. I haven't travelled in F for a year, but I swear the quantity used to be larger?
Another cost cutting measure? Seems a little stingy to me.

LTN Phobia Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by gordon0808 (Post 19297843)
Travelling to ORD in F last week I was being served a total of 5 wam nuts (3 almonds and 2 cashews) with my drink. They were served in a really tiny cup. I haven't travelled in F for a year, but I swear the quantity used to be larger?
Another cost cutting measure? Seems a little stingy to me.

I'm sure I got lots on my F flight as I would have noticed if there were so few on the plate. Maybe they were running out so they had to be stingy? 3 almonds and 2 cashews sound almost not worth serving - it would have looked pretty poor, I'd have thought.

0hnoes Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Did you ask them for more? :)

golfmad Sep 11, 2012 5:41 pm

If you want lashings of warm nuts you need to be in AA F.

gordon0808 Sep 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 19297869)
I'm sure I got lots on my F flight as I would have noticed if there were so few on the plate. Maybe they were running out so they had to be stingy? 3 almonds and 2 cashews sound almost not worth serving - it would have looked pretty poor, I'd have thought.

It did look pretty poor, I heard others commented and asked for refill which they were given. Personally I don't really like nuts, so it didn't matter to me. Just thought those tiny cups looked a little sad.

gordon0808 Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by 0hnoes (Post 19297875)
Did you ask them for more? :)

No, see my post above.

LTN Phobia Sep 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by gordon0808 (Post 19297912)
It did look pretty poor, I heard others commented and asked for refill which they were given. Personally I don't really like nuts, so it didn't matter to me. Just thought those tiny cups looked a little sad.

If they had more to serve, I'd say it was a silly presentation. Or maybe the crew had lots of passengers who just nibbled on a few and thought people didn't want many or something. Still, it wouldn't have been very pretty to look at, so I'd say it wasn't a great idea to serve so few when they could have served more purely because it would have looked silly/stingy.

HIDDY Sep 11, 2012 6:16 pm

They can get even more stingy with their nuts as far as I'm concerned.....I hate them.

eae Sep 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 19298053)
They can get even more stingy with their nuts as far as I'm concerned.....I hate them.

I agree, the new ones are quite bad. I usually ask for the club ones instead and on most flights they happily oblige.

PanGalactic Sep 11, 2012 6:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc :D

HIDDY Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by eae (Post 19298089)
I agree, the new ones are quite bad. I usually ask for the club ones instead and on most flights they happily oblige.

I'd much much prefer a bag of the savoury nibbles they hand out in BA economy than nuts.

UA were generous with the warm nuts....the wife got mine as well.

HMPS Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 19298149)

That tickled the funny bone !

KeaneJohn Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 19298216)
I'd much much prefer a bag of the savoury nibbles they hand out in BA economy than nuts.

UA were generous with the warm nuts....the wife got mine as well.

Yes on LHR-PRG they do nuts (CW bag not warm) with drinks after take off and I too prefer the assorted Y offering.

I asked why on the PRG-LHR flight they said that they didn't serve nuts and was told the flight is too short ... It has a difference of 5-10 mins if that.

golfmad Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 19298216)

Do you mean the bird food?

David-A Sep 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 19298270)
Do you mean the bird food?

Hasn't been bird seed for ages, certainly as far as my domestics have been concerned. [Well certainly not the real bird seed disaster of yuck that prompted the term.]

The Dormens stuff is quite good. Although I prefer the mediteranean crisps they do to the savory nibbles.