Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA gotten more stingy on the warm nuts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has BA gotten more stingy on the warm nuts?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by T8191
Indeed … an example [of many] as how America has somehow survived the evolution of the English language as spoken in the UK.
Aluminum is another … or perhaps not?

Anyway, getting back on topic, does the bowl have a warning label saying it may contain nuts?
As is Laboratary....

With the changes in world demographics and movements, we better get used to how a great multitude of people speak the English language, I. E. More than 350 million in India or the US wher English and Spanish begat Spanglish !

You can try the French way where some years ago they decided to keep French, French by discouraging the creep I with word like Le Weekend.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA silver

Four weeks ago on the inbound from LAX... MF in OF. I can't recall how many we got on the outbound flight or if there were any at all. Maybe there aren't enough nuts in LHR?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by HAM76
Maybe there aren't enough nuts in LHR?
Judging by this forum, there are a lot of nuts moving through LHR on a daily basis.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Being a Londoner I find that I'm frequently served with too many warm nuts on the tube.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Yes on LHR-PRG they do nuts (CW bag not warm) with drinks after take off and I too prefer the assorted Y offering.

I asked why on the PRG-LHR flight they said that they didn't serve nuts and was told the flight is too short ... It has a difference of 5-10 mins if that.
You should have nuts and a seperate drinks round, before the main meal is served, on a Prague which is a band 3 flight. We would not do a drinks round first on a breakfast flight or a flight where afternoon tea is served, however nuts should be available on request.

If the flight is very busy in Club, i.e. a very high CE load, the drinks round can be omitted if the SCCM feels that it would be hard to achieve. Unlikely that this would be the case on a flight as long as a Prague.

When a seperate drinks round is done, prior to the meal being served, you should always receive nuts with your drink. However, they are loaded on ALL CE flights and should be offered even on band 1 & 2 flights, if you don't take a meal and just have a drink.

Last edited by Littlegirl; Sep 13, 2012 at 2:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.