FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1378512-whats-worst-lounge-youve-been-why.html)

whimike Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 19146980)
Can I play the Bordeaux card or do we want to keep playing a little longer?

Worst marketed lounge I know is NBO.

Well.... I consider all lounges I have been in to be better than no lounge at all. But, NBO is fairy ridiculous.

henkybaby Aug 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by FF (Post 19148137)
ACC. Even worse than CAI....

I kind of liked it... I am assuming it is the same lounge as KLM uses. The food was pretty weird but tasty and the staff are - like always in Ghana - wonderful. Mind you, this was 4 years ago.

h15t0r1an Aug 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by tuff (Post 19147179)
I am not looking forward to my return flight from Salzburg in September....

IIRC there is a really nice restaurant attached to the bar upstairs at SZB. Nice Italian-type food, good service, decent view over the airfield. And not expensive for the quality especially taking the day's menu. Just take the lift up.

TravellerFrequently Aug 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by angatol (Post 19147589)
Didn't we do this a couple of months ago?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-network.html

Most things on FT were done a couple of months ago, but we still enjoy discussing them. :D

Shanagarry Aug 18, 2012 4:07 pm

UIO - a fight to get in as the check in girl never bothered to give us an invite despite a conversation about the lounge (after we found it thanks to her 'upstairs' directions), one beer (i.e. the only alcohol in the whole place),broken wifi, and some cardboard sandwiches and radioactive looking hot dogs to eat. They did have cake though, three day old stale cake. Throw in 4 or 5 kids running riot and you have one memorable lounge experience...

TravellerFrequently Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Not sure there are worse lounges than CAI?? Not been to CBO or ACC, however.

As mentioned above, VIE and PRG are far from good.

se1lad Aug 18, 2012 4:26 pm

BOD Lounge, though it does score some points for comic value. Last time I was there the lounge contents consisted of:
1/4 bottle of cheap gin (with less than a double remaining)
1/4 bottle of cheap whiskey (empty)
2 warm bottles of beer
1 bag of crisps (stale!)
It also has the world's oldest TV which is propped up on an equally dated chair.

pennineuk Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by se1lad (Post 19148615)
BOD Lounge, though it does score some points for comic value. Last time I was there the lounge contents consisted of:
1/4 bottle of cheap gin (with less than a double remaining)
1/4 bottle of cheap whiskey (empty)
2 warm bottles of beer
1 bag of crisps (stale!)
It also has the world's oldest TV which is propped up on an equally dated chair.

I was going to nominate BOD as well, although Genoa would come in at a close second.

For domestic lounges, the shoe box at SOU was always good fun to see how many people you could get in to it...a bit like they used to do with Minis.

To Eat.To Drink Aug 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by iainbhx (Post 19148056)
I still have horrors about the contract lounge BA used to use at LYS.

Is that the Montblanc lounge? Small, dark, dingy porta-cabin style? Nice.

Paint Horse Aug 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by mauricet99 (Post 19147940)
DXB anyone?? Terrible, especially if spending a bit of time before the flight leaving at 2am-ish........

I was just fixin to mention that one. Small, crowded, and dirty. BA should be ashamed.

Crampedin13A Aug 18, 2012 9:57 pm

AC's MLL at CDG. They've tried to fix it up to be nice but what can you do with a windowless subterranean bunker?

silvergirl Aug 19, 2012 12:45 am

Not on the BA network, but it has to be Goa in India.

Smelly, unclean, the very minimal selection of food and drink didn't look very appetising. We actually left straight away and preferred the (also not great) general departure lounge.

CityRules Aug 19, 2012 2:42 am

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink (Post 19149591)
Is that the Montblanc lounge? Small, dark, dingy porta-cabin style? Nice.

It's been some years since I've been in that lounge; the biggest downside being that it was, IIRC, landside. Also it was always so deserted.

In what way does it resemble a porta-cabin?

Of the airports which had lounges, it was one of the worst I visited because of the above, but still in no way as bad as those airports which had/have no lounges.

squeeler Aug 19, 2012 3:20 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 19147082)
Well I obviously can't comment on that, but the Flagship Lounge next door is fantastic, almost Flounge-ish. Great views of the airport, clean, modern, power sockets everywhere, eccentric staff, better range of soft drinks than Flounge, and even sushi on top of the hot food offerings.

^^ to this comment.

aussielori Aug 19, 2012 3:24 am

if we are talking ANY lounge
I think the one in DPS is pretty dreadful it hasnt changed in 24 yrs.

the smallest was in Broome Australia it was 4 chairs and a tiny fridge- but it was air conditioned.( Qantas)