FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1378512-whats-worst-lounge-youve-been-why.html)

Dave Z Aug 18, 2012 1:20 pm

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?

The contract lounge at AGP is pretty uninspiring. I'm also not much of a fan of the joint AA/BA lounge at my most frequented outstation, DEN. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it. It's clean, comfortable and a nice place to relax, but there's no view, no decent snacks and I really hate having to get drinks from the bar. I only use the lounge if I can't get a table at the Denver Chophouse downstairs.

747_not_777 Aug 18, 2012 1:21 pm

The one in Sicily was tiny and awful, and the one in Orlando was awful, with the exception of the toilet facilities which I had a standup wash in (sink not actual toilet!), before leaving and going to a restaurant outside...

Richelieu Aug 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by FrancisA (Post 19147478)
My top nomination has to be NAP, where despite two or three BA flights per day, there has been no lounge for about four years! Anything is better than nothing.

When you consider leaving the lounge to pay for drink and a comfortable seat in the rest of the airport, I'd say that some place are worse than "no lounge". Because of the dashed expectations.

EZE contract lounge is an exemple of that.

FrancisA Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by 747_not_777 (Post 19147797)
The one in Sicily was tiny and awful...

CTA I presume? At least there is one now. Last couple of times I flew CTA-LGW there were embarassed comments at check in about the total lack of a lounge...

mauricet99 Aug 18, 2012 2:02 pm

DXB anyone?? Terrible, especially if spending a bit of time before the flight leaving at 2am-ish........

Habemuspapam Aug 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Here's a vote for the ex-BMI lounge at DUB. Looks like a children's playroom. Bathrooms are external, keycode operated, and disgusting. Ugh. :rolleyes:

rossmacd Aug 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam (Post 19148033)
Here's a vote for the ex-BMI lounge at DUB. Looks like a children's playroom. Bathrooms are external, keycode operated, and disgusting. Ugh. :rolleyes:

I don't think any of the ex-BMI lounges are quite up to your standards :rolleyes:, however, there are many, many poorer lounges across the globe...

Habemuspapam Aug 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 19148038)
I don't think any of the ex-BMI lounges are quite up to your standards :rolleyes:, however, there are many, many poorer lounges across the globe...

Let's just say that it makes the London Room look like the CCR. :D

iainbhx Aug 18, 2012 2:25 pm

I still have horrors about the contract lounge BA used to use at LYS.

However, the LH business cubbyhole at DRS takes some beating.

747_not_777 Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by FrancisA (Post 19147850)
CTA I presume? At least there is one now. Last couple of times I flew CTA-LGW there were embarassed comments at check in about the total lack of a lounge...

Yes, you got it. And very 'white' inside if I remember...

FF Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

ACC. Even worse than CAI....

dnajockey Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

All of the "lounges" at BHX, especially the AF one. Grim, with lidl-quality drinks and snacks

FrancisA Aug 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by iainbhx (Post 19148056)
However, the LH business cubbyhole at DRS takes some beating.

Of course for the brief period that BA flew to DRS, they had no lounge, giving CE passengers a 20EUR voucher instead that could be spent on duty free. Was that better or worse than LH cubbyhole?

caritsa Aug 18, 2012 3:19 pm

The Delta Lounge at MCO. We were there last year. When we walked into the lounge it was hard to find a place to sit as most the tables had not been cleared of dirty dishes. After we finally got settled, we noticed movement out of the corner of our eye. It was a mouse darting under the tables. Eek! When my husband informed a staff member about the mouse, they replied they were aware of it. My husband then suggested if they cleaned up a little it might help the mouse problem. They did not seem shocked or surprised.
It was a little disappointing when I found out our upcoming trip on BA uses the Delta lounge in MCO. Hopefully, they will have things cleaned up in two weeks.

nbusin Aug 18, 2012 3:41 pm

I nominate St Lucia (Hewanorra).

Why? See below!

*There is no food
*Only soft drinks are offered from 2L bottles!
*There is no internet
*Lift does not work

We had a great laugh watching people come in and their jaws simply dropped!