FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1378512-whats-worst-lounge-youve-been-why.html)

tuff Aug 18, 2012 10:58 am

I am not looking forward to my return flight from Salzburg in September....

justforfun Aug 18, 2012 11:03 am

NBO lounge is lovely, what are you guys talking about?

PeterNem Aug 18, 2012 11:20 am

I can't remember the name of the lounge, but it was the one in Miami departures that the priority pass gets you access to. They didn't even have any milk, so unless you were happy with coffee creamer in your tea (yuck - I'd not even use it in coffee) you were out of luck.

Edit: A bit of digging around reveals it was the Club America lounge in terminal F. Dire place.

Hoch Aug 18, 2012 11:24 am

I am going to have to go with VCE on this one Bob.

H

FlyerTalker688786 Aug 18, 2012 11:33 am

Originally Posted by PeterNem (Post 19147299)
I can't remember the name of the lounge, but it was the one in Miami departures that the priority pass gets you access to. They didn't even have any milk, so unless you were happy with coffee creamer in your tea (yuck - I'd not even use it in coffee) you were out of luck.

Edit: A bit of digging around reveals it was the Club America lounge in terminal F. Dire place.

Lots of American Airlines Admiral Club have creamer only. Never saw milk rather than the espresso machine. (Correct me if I am wrong)

RedVee Aug 18, 2012 11:39 am

This is probably cheating, because its not at a major airport. But I found out where all the old sofas go to die - you know the ones that have sat in the front garden of some poor social housing property for about a year together with all the dead (formerly) white goods.

Yes they turn up at Frank Pais airport (HOG), where they adorn the VIP lounge - facilities claimed to be express check in, open bar and snacks - oh really? Come to think of it, I suspect thats where the 'open bar' fridges came from too.......

ABZGirl Aug 18, 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 19146980)
Can I play the Bordeaux card or do we want to keep playing a little longer?

Now just you keep your feet to yourself ;)!

ABZGirl Aug 18, 2012 11:49 am

Originally Posted by RedVee (Post 19147390)
This is probably cheating, because its not at a major airport. But I found out where all the old sofas go to die - you know the ones that have sat in the front garden of some poor social housing property for about a year together with all the dead (formerly) white goods.

:D:D

Greenpen Aug 18, 2012 11:55 am

Admiral Club in MEX. Horrid in 2003 and equally horrid this year. At least it is consistent.

The place is just about okay in a shabby sort of way, but it's dirty and has stale, overheated dry stuff as food.

FrancisA Aug 18, 2012 11:58 am

I am somewhat surprised at the Italian lounge nominations so far - at least FCO and VCE offer alcoholic drinks and some sort of snacks. Try the (landside) lounge BA use at GOA. No food and no booze at all! Even BOD offers more than this.

One further nomination (but now gone) is/was the portacabin BA used to use at RHO.

My top nomination has to be NAP, where despite two or three BA flights per day, there has been no lounge for about four years! Anything is better than nothing.

crystal_cad Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by idayvuelta (Post 19147018)
I was going to say NBO as well, but given how bad the rest of the airport is, the lounge is nonetheless appreciated.

Absolutely. A safe haven to hide between the chaos of landside until the mayhem of boarding and additional security checks.

I would vote for SFO FIRST class lounge. Just far too small for the number of Golds flying besides those in First. Too few seats and many taken up by people's hand luggage. Was expecting something special when were led there by the front desk attendant. Since then just stay in the larger Club lounge.

angatol Aug 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Swiss Tony Aug 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by tuff (Post 19147179)
I am not looking forward to my return flight from Salzburg in September....

You do realise that there's no lounge at all, don't you?

That said, I think it's a perfectly charming little airport Am sure winter Saturdays are a different matter, but assuming you can time it OK you don't need to spend more than 30 mins in the place anyway.

18 months ago I flew out on LH in club and they gave me a voucher for a free drink in the bar (pint of Stiegl). Think BA do the same...

PS I've obviously lived a sheltered life - my definition of bad would perhaps be the common lounge at Dublin, or the SATS lounge at Changi two decades back. Mind you, the BA lounge at Glasgow wasn't looking too clever yesterday!

Gshumway Aug 18, 2012 12:36 pm

"Lounge" at Lihue Airport. A hole in the wall, no window, 6 chairs, a water cooler, a coffee dispenser and a small fountain soda machine with 3 or 4 choices. You enter it by number lock at the door (code give to you at checkin).

billgrates3 Aug 18, 2012 12:41 pm

It has to be the pre-refurbishment NBO lounge. FOR 3 YEARS, the furniture had the same slowly worsening rips in the upholstery... it was a disgrace.

However, BA finally got around to fixing up the place last year (i think it was 2011) and it's better now, still a bit small, but ok.

When I was last there in Dec.2011, the wifi sucked! However, prior to 2011, there was no internet access at all.