Search

CW to F Upgrade price

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:58 pm
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
CW to F Upgrade price

Some of you know that we even though we're now back in the UK, we still had flights booked PEK-LHR-PEK for this month that we're obviously not using but haven't been cancelled.

Well, I got the reminder email a couple of days ago for the LHR-PEK flight next week with an option to upgrade to F for £1,702 each. Have not had this as an option before on the 6 flights I've taken there & back.

So, just logged into MMB to check our flight to UVF later this month and had a look at the PEK booking. The upgrade price is now £448 each...................

My first thought was 'bugger, bugger' that we can't use this flight as we most certainly would have paid that price, my second thought was 'well, why ever did I look at it? what an idiot'.

What a huge drop in price and F must be pretty empty to be offering that price 5 days out, which surprises me as the flight is only a few days after the end of the Olympics.

Last edited by LadyB; Aug 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LadyB
Some of you know that we even though we're now back in the UK, we still had flights booked PEK-LHR-PEK for this month that we're obviously not using but haven't been cancelled.

Well, I got the reminder email a couple of days ago for the LHR-PEK flight next week with an option to upgrade to F for £1,702 each. Have not had this as an option before on the 6 flights I've taken there & back.

So, just logged into MMB to check our flight to UVF later this month and had a look at the PEK booking. The upgrade price is now £448 each...................

My first thought was 'bugger, bugger' that we can't use this flight as we most certainly would have paid that price, my second thought was 'well, why ever did I look at it? what an idiot'.

What a huge drop in price and F must be pretty empty to be offering that price 5 days out, which surprises me as the flight is only a few days after the end of the Olympics.
Not sure what F loadings to PEK are like, but that sort of upgrade offer seems fairly common nowadays. I've u/g 3 of my last 4 LHR-NRT flights (BA kindly gave me an op up for the fourth at check in ) for £449 or £499 a time. Some flights have been fairly full (lots of £499 upgrades?) and some pretty quiet.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Truth be told, I'm gutted as I would love to fly F so feel a bit cheated but serves me right for looking I suppose
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Both legs of my recent LHR-LAX were open to POUG... £499 outbound, which I didn't take, as I was already in WT+ and it was a day flight (many here will remember my - as they saw it "shameless" - escapades in the Club Kitchen)... On the way back first offer was £499 again, but changed to £399 a day later... I would probably have taken it, but I got an op-up.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Well the LHR-PEK is an overnight so we probably wouldn't have made the most of F anyway

Would love to get that sort of offer on our UVF flight on the 30th August but I highly doubt it with the routing and all those holiday-makers. Shame as it would be a wonderful start to our 25th Anniversary holiday...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:23 pm

A really committed FTer would fly out to PEK so they could fly PEK-LHR-PEK, then fly back to LHR.

Call it a TP run
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by shorthauldad:19097081
A really committed FTer would fly out to PEK so they could fly PEK-LHR-PEK, then fly back to LHR.

Call it a TP run
Probably including Royal Jordanian (LHR-AMM-HKG-PEK springs to mind as a route of interest).
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shorthauldad

Call it a TP run
Don't think we didn't think about it but job issues got in the way - I've only been in my job 6 weeks and don't have the annual leave remaining and hubby doesn't have the leave either.

If neither of us were working, we'd have done exactly what you've said especially as we need the TP's to retain Silver next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.