FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   CW to F Upgrade price (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1375972-cw-f-upgrade-price.html)

LadyB Aug 10, 2012 12:58 pm

CW to F Upgrade price

Some of you know that we even though we're now back in the UK, we still had flights booked PEK-LHR-PEK for this month that we're obviously not using but haven't been cancelled.

Well, I got the reminder email a couple of days ago for the LHR-PEK flight next week with an option to upgrade to F for £1,702 each. Have not had this as an option before on the 6 flights I've taken there & back.

So, just logged into MMB to check our flight to UVF later this month and had a look at the PEK booking. The upgrade price is now £448 each...................

My first thought was 'bugger, bugger' that we can't use this flight as we most certainly would have paid that price, my second thought was 'well, why ever did I look at it? what an idiot'.

What a huge drop in price and F must be pretty empty to be offering that price 5 days out, which surprises me as the flight is only a few days after the end of the Olympics.

r22r44bell47 Aug 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by LadyB (Post 19096913)
Some of you know that we even though we're now back in the UK, we still had flights booked PEK-LHR-PEK for this month that we're obviously not using but haven't been cancelled.

Well, I got the reminder email a couple of days ago for the LHR-PEK flight next week with an option to upgrade to F for £1,702 each. Have not had this as an option before on the 6 flights I've taken there & back.

So, just logged into MMB to check our flight to UVF later this month and had a look at the PEK booking. The upgrade price is now £448 each...................

My first thought was 'bugger, bugger' that we can't use this flight as we most certainly would have paid that price, my second thought was 'well, why ever did I look at it? what an idiot'.

What a huge drop in price and F must be pretty empty to be offering that price 5 days out, which surprises me as the flight is only a few days after the end of the Olympics.

Not sure what F loadings to PEK are like, but that sort of upgrade offer seems fairly common nowadays. I've u/g 3 of my last 4 LHR-NRT flights (BA kindly gave me an op up for the fourth at check in :p) for £449 or £499 a time. Some flights have been fairly full (lots of £499 upgrades?) and some pretty quiet.

LadyB Aug 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Truth be told, I'm gutted as I would love to fly F so feel a bit cheated but serves me right for looking I suppose :(

pianoamit Aug 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Both legs of my recent LHR-LAX were open to POUG... £499 outbound, which I didn't take, as I was already in WT+ and it was a day flight (many here will remember my - as they saw it "shameless" - escapades in the Club Kitchen)... On the way back first offer was £499 again, but changed to £399 a day later... I would probably have taken it, but I got an op-up.

LadyB Aug 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Well the LHR-PEK is an overnight so we probably wouldn't have made the most of F anyway ;)

Would love to get that sort of offer on our UVF flight on the 30th August but I highly doubt it with the routing and all those holiday-makers. Shame as it would be a wonderful start to our 25th Anniversary holiday...

shorthauldad Aug 10, 2012 1:23 pm

A really committed FTer would fly out to PEK so they could fly PEK-LHR-PEK, then fly back to LHR.

Call it a TP run :)

NeverFirst Aug 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad:19097081
A really committed FTer would fly out to PEK so they could fly PEK-LHR-PEK, then fly back to LHR.

Probably including Royal Jordanian (LHR-AMM-HKG-PEK springs to mind as a route of interest).

LadyB Aug 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 19097081)

Don't think we didn't think about it but job issues got in the way - I've only been in my job 6 weeks and don't have the annual leave remaining and hubby doesn't have the leave either.

If neither of us were working, we'd have done exactly what you've said especially as we need the TP's to retain Silver next year.