Community
Wiki Posts
Search

55 bookings!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:35 am

I did the weekly commute for a couple of years but never booked more than approx 8 weeks in advance with the exception of bank holidays, Christmas etc.

Can I ask Bjorns how he knows where he will be a year ahead? I used to interweave work flying into my flights, had a combination of flexibles and very cheap inflexibles, did the odd Monday or Friday from home or the local office. If they are sale fares are they not inflexible or need fees to change etc?

Used to be a midweek exercise for me rolling forward my work and home diaries to plan bookings but as I say rarely past a couple of months out.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
[QUOTE=Colcannon;19097734]
Originally Posted by DH188
In Western Australia, where I'm currently working, you can fly three hours on a jet and not even leave the state.[/QUOTE

I daresay you could fly even further and still be nowhere near an Aussie 2012 Gold Medal
Like Perth to Cairns?!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Poxball
Can I ask Bjorns how he knows where he will be a year ahead? I used to interweave work flying into my flights, had a combination of flexibles and very cheap inflexibles, did the odd Monday or Friday from home or the local office. If they are sale fares are they not inflexible or need fees to change etc?
It isn't that complicated, I work in Sweden during the week and my home and wife are in the UK, so I know I'll be flying back to the UK for the weekend virually every weekend.

Now and again, my plans change, so I'll trow away a few booked flights every year, but that is mitigated by the fact that booking early usually gets me the flight and seat that I want, on the day that I want at the minimum CE price.

The flights that are not my regular comuter flights, get booked much closer to the time, as those trips are not known far in advance.

bjorns
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:10 am
Suspended

d'oh - worked it out

Last edited by FlyerTalker46423; Sep 13, 2012 at 5:12 am Reason: .
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DH188
Originally Posted by golfmad
I used to have an aircraft like that

(sorry, it was a reference to an old joke about a very slow car).
I'm with you there; in the version I recall it involved a Texan and and an Irishman.
I recall it involving a kibbutznik in Israel, and his cousin who had moved to Texas... But that's probably the Israeli version...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.