55 bookings!

Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
55 bookings!

I just logged in to my account to check the details of an upcoming flight and had a bit of a problem finding the flight in question, as the list was so long.

I then counted the upcoming bookings in MMB and found that I have 55 bookings, all returns, so 110 flights booked but not yet flown.

Could this be some form of a record?

bjorns
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by bjorns
I then counted the upcoming bookings in MMB and found that I have 55 bookings, all returns, so 110 flights booked but not yet flown.

Could this be some form of a record?
Depends on your definition of "record" but I set a new personal best about three weeks ago by dropping down to zero upcoming bookings (hasn't been that low for years and years), managed to hold it there for two whole weeks before reality kicked in and the bookings started rolling in again!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Depends on your definition of "record" but I set a new personal best about three weeks ago by dropping down to zero upcoming bookings (hasn't been that low for years and years), managed to hold it there for two whole weeks before reality kicked in and the bookings started rolling in again!

Im afraid i was recently in your position as well !

I do have some flights coming up, none of them are revenue so very little chance of maintaining silver this year well tell a lie, iv got 2 revenue booings coming up, just not on BA

But to answer the question, 55 returns yet to fly must be some sort of record, is it worth asking bjorns to list where he's off too ?

cs

cs
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
But to answer the question, 55 returns yet to fly must be some sort of record, is it worth asking bjorns to list where he's off too ?
Might be quicker to list where he's not going!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
From memory I think he does a weekly commute from Scandinavia to the UK (I know I'm covering lots of bases there - if pushed I'd say Stockholm-London).

I also suspect "some" of these might be back-to-back bookings (but don't shoot me if I'm wrong)!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well there are daily commuters on BA, so I know it's not a record. Also the system layout gets wierd on small screens after 100 entries, so best not to go there.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If someone lives and works in different countries, then they often can sometimes have a long list of flights / future bookings.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by origin
If someone lives and works in different countries, then they often can sometimes have a long list of flights / future bookings.
Or even if someone lives and works in one country, if it's quite a big country like I used to do.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Or even if someone lives and works in one country, if it's quite a big country like I used to do.
In Western Australia, where I'm currently working, you can fly three hours on a jet and not even leave the state.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by DH188
In Western Australia, where I'm currently working, you can fly three hours on a jet and not even leave the state.
Not that far off in QLD either!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
From memory I think he does a weekly commute from Scandinavia to the UK (I know I'm covering lots of bases there - if pushed I'd say Stockholm-London).

I also suspect "some" of these might be back-to-back bookings (but don't shoot me if I'm wrong)!
NeverFirst got it right, arn-lhr-arn-lhr-arn....etc.

No back-to-back bookings, just my return tickets to go back to the UK and my wife for the weekend.
(Had a blond moment, thought you meant nested bookings.)

So, as my bookings are to go home for the weekend, I define it as 'leasure' travel.

To be truthfull, there are usually a few other destinations now and again, but nothing as requent as arn-lhr-arn.

bjorns

Last edited by bjorns; Aug 9, 2012 at 8:37 am Reason: (Had a blond moment, thought you meant nested bookings.)
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DH188
I used to have an aircraft like that

(sorry, it was a reference to an old joke about a very slow car).
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I was commuting (US) I could easily have had 30-40 returns booked. But I actually did them one at a time, usually 2-3 weeks in advance.

Since I was paying for my tickets, I was always looking for sales, etc.

What is the benefit of booking so many flights so far in advance? Is the company paying and, basically, you couldn't care less whether they could save money or not?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Not that far off in QLD either!
Not that far off on a MAN-LHR when delays strike and you end up in a stack
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a grand total of 0!

Need to book something soon... was hoping for some winter sun but one of the only places BA are offering MFUs to for February is Lagos... and I think I will pass on that one!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.