Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking a flight using avios for someone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a flight using avios for someone else?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:12 am

If I transfer to Avios to Iberia or Avios.com will I be able to redeem for someone else?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:53 am

Similar question here. Any known way to work around the restriction where head of HHA needs to be on the same booking when redeeming flights for F&F nominee?
Are SPG transfers or perhaps buying a few Avios qualifying transactions for that matter (in order to unlock this restriction)?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:08 pm

Perhaps I am missing something here, but I have never had a problem booking avios flights for Friends & Family where I was not a member of the traveling party.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Getafix
There is now a restriction on redeeming flights for Third Party.

If there is only Retro Claim or Avios earned on partners, then restricted to only able to book redemption flight for Account Holder only.
I am in the same situation, a ton of partner earned Avios, none on BA/IB.

You can book for others (Friends and Family) but the booking party must be on the reservation.

Where can I find this new restriction in writing?
Old May 11, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by scubaccr

"The itinerary you have selected can only be ticketed by mail. To book this trip, please start again and re-select a later outbound date or contact your Service Centre."
Got the exact same wording when trying to book flight using AVIOS. Anyone who can help troubleshoot this problem?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:39 am

Same issue here. Call center is hard to reach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.