Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by pennineuk
Be grateful you didn't use the toothpaste as eye gel!
The toothpaste tastes horrible! Mass market Colgate would be more palatable
Old Jul 29, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Originally Posted by Moriarty
In case anyone's listening ... I would really like a shoe horn
^ My shoes shrink during flights! But seriously, a shoe horn would be nice. I might start throwing one in my carry on kit bag.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Compared to the CW amenity kit, the F one wasn't a substantial improvement but key differences I found
- Toothpaste is horrible (D Harris) - plain colgate is much better!
- Mouthwash was useless - Molton brown did a much nicer one I remember
- REN Lip balm is better than the greasy Elemis one
- Elemis pro-collagen sachet and hand cream given in CW is better than the REN equivalents which annoyingly come in these misleading mini sized tubes (which would hold c.20ml) but are actually 70-80% filled with air so you have to squeeze just about enough cream to last you for the flight - so stingy!
- Eye mask much better
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
First Class Amenity Kits

Bags n such are pretty poor compared to the cracking Rimowa Aluminium and Plastic cases from Thai and Singapore that everyone tries to pinch off me Though have to say the BA 1st eye shades are the best I have been given and get used on all my flights. Honestly speaking. Privacy, best bed to sleep, quietest cabin and first off to face immigration is what matters and I bung everything else I need in the carry on and half the time just shove the kit in the bag and it gets used by someone staying over at my place.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Though have to say the BA 1st eye shades are the best I have been given and get used on all my flights.
They have gone downhill - now double elastic nastiness and much thinner with no proper nose-light-shield (if that's what it's called). Bad show.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
First Class Amenity Kits

Better take the old ones with me then
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
If someone has some amenity kits to give away, I'd be happy to help them
I just changed teams in my company and my amount of travel has doubled, so I'm starting a collection of Amenity kits from as many airlines as possible
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
I just changed teams in my company and my amount of travel has doubled, so I'm starting a collection of Amenity kits from as many airlines as possible
Are you going to start a swap shop for bags

I agree with the sentiments that the new ones are rubbish - all style over substance, and the old ones are still used as my main washbags when I travel.

The eye masks are great in F, and even the J ones are OK - it's a shame if the F ones are now "improved".

I'm not looking forward to my next F trip if they have "downsized" the PJs too

I meant to say, but forgot until bjorns mentioned it, that razors are available on request, but nothing special. I ask for one even if I don't need one straight after the flight - they come in handy sometimes (a bit like at the arrivals lounge showers!).

Last edited by LondonAndy; Aug 1, 2012 at 9:11 am
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:56 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
On EK F it's a male and female kit, the male one is a lovely brown leather wash bag.
These awful BA bags are only fit for eBay totally impractical and a razor would be good.Please can we have something like the old flying boat bags, both wife and I still use these.
They have razors in First, but you need to ask for them, as they're not in the kit.

bjorns
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:16 am

OT from F kits:

We flew WT+ recently and I appreciated the socks. The baby toothbrushes are good if you need to be gentle around something sore. The big ^ was that we got pens! and they work better than the ones I buy!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
The bottoms of the sleep suits have definitely got smaller lately
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
The bottoms of the sleep suits have definitely got smaller lately
Shorter or narrower? Or both? I would love them to be shorter but after last weekend, I don't think I want them any narrower!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The nation is becoming full of meterosexuals, or is it just F travelers that frequent FT
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by HilFly
Shorter or narrower? Or both? I would love them to be shorter but after last weekend, I don't think I want them any narrower!
+1 to all of that ^
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by HilFly
Narrower on the thighs and calfs length and waist still the same, don't think it was one freak set as they have been the same for the last 6 Fs this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.