FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   First Class Amenity Kits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1370863-first-class-amenity-kits.html)

FlatusAntiquus Jul 26, 2012 5:59 am

First Class Amenity Kits

It's a while now (~two years) since I last flew in BA F. Has the design of the first class amenity kit container, or its contents, changed much in the interim, please?

darthlemsip Jul 26, 2012 6:08 am

Here you go, this lists what's in it (I can't believe people actually buy these btw)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BA-British...item20c89aab73

FlatusAntiquus Jul 26, 2012 6:25 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip (Post 19004539)
Here you go, this lists what's in it (I can't believe people actually buy these btw)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BA-British...item20c89aab73

Thank you, darthlemsip, for such a prompt response. ^

As for the container and its contents, I see that there have not been any changes since my last F flight. Am I the only male passenger who would like to see a small comb included in the kit?

darthlemsip Jul 26, 2012 6:38 am

As a man with a finely cropped head of hair and a distinct 'monk patch' developing arounf the crown, a comb is unfotunately the last thing I need - but yes, I could see it being a worthwhile inclusion

On EK, the ammenity kits in J are different for male and female (not sure about F as I didn't get one - only given out on overnight flights I think). Would like to see BA do that, and up their J one as it's pretty poor

jaguarpig Jul 26, 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip (Post 19004672)
As a man with a finely cropped head of hair and a distinct 'monk patch' developing arounf the crown, a comb is unfotunately the last thing I need - but yes, I could see it being a worthwhile inclusion

On EK, the ammenity kits in J are different for male and female (not sure about F as I didn't get one - only given out on overnight flights I think). Would like to see BA do that, and up their J one as it's pretty poor

On EK F it's a male and female kit, the male one is a lovely brown leather wash bag.
These awful BA bags are only fit for eBay totally impractical and a razor would be good.Please can we have something like the old flying boat bags, both wife and I still use these.

EGW1 Jul 26, 2012 7:12 am

Not only is the quality of the BA F bag slightly questionnable, the products are horrid! CW products are better (Elemis), but the bag is cheap and nasty. Would be good if BA could offer Emma Hardie products in F :D

malkie Jul 26, 2012 7:22 am

I'd swap it all for a decent sized tube of toothpaste.

leaveamessage Jul 26, 2012 7:44 am

Nope, current F bags still useless and get left on board. Contents are ok, but bags total rubbish.
In contrast, I still use the older F and J bags for cables and things....very useful.

On a related note, does anyone happen to have an older spare F tower bridge (or possibly boat) Anya bag (no contents) they would be willing to part with? Mine is now looking a little worse for wear... More than happy to send a few £ in return and of course cover postage :)

Swanhunter Jul 26, 2012 7:53 am

Bring back the Flying Boat bag. ^ At least some of the DR Harris product has been ditched in favour of REN.

Swanhunter Jul 26, 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket (Post 19004983)
On a related note, does anyone happen to have an older spare F tower bridge (or possibly boat) Anya bag (no contents) they would be willing to part with? Mine is now looking a little worse for wear... More than happy to send a few £ in return and of course cover postage :)

£100 a bag? ;) They are that useful and hardwearing. Once has done 9 years service and is barely worn.

BizFlyin Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am

Originally Posted by FlatusAntiquus (Post 19004604)
Thank you, darthlemsip, for such a prompt response. ^

As for the container and its contents, I see that there have not been any changes since my last F flight. Am I the only male passenger who would like to see a small comb included in the kit?

Great idea.

johnaalex Jul 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Another vote for something like the old bag to be returned. the current offering reminds me of the sort of container used by some Chinese take-aways :td:

ClubClassCowboy Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm

First Class Amenity Kits

The contents are so miniaturised it's almost impossible for anyone with adult size hands to use them.

HighLife Jul 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Current F bag is a total waste of time, energy and money.

I've been using some contents and leaving mine behind for 2-3 years now.

The flying boat one was much better.

EK and QF bags make fantastic presents to kids... I'm taking a bunch of QF F ones and PJs from recent trips (unused!) to Uganda tonight on the BA63 as gifts for kids in an orphanage I support.

DYKWIA Jul 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy (Post 19007140)
The contents are so miniaturised it's almost impossible for anyone with adult size hands to use them.

I nearly brushed by teeth with eye gel (or something) recently.

The F bags really are terrible.

Also, the quality of the PJ's seems to have gone south. The large size always used to fit quite nicely, but now I can't fit into them (despite losing a fair bit of weight before you start tittering). The material also feels a lot thinner/cheaper.