Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

First Class Amenity Kits

It's a while now (~two years) since I last flew in BA F. Has the design of the first class amenity kit container, or its contents, changed much in the interim, please?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here you go, this lists what's in it (I can't believe people actually buy these btw)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BA-British...item20c89aab73
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Here you go, this lists what's in it (I can't believe people actually buy these btw)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BA-British...item20c89aab73
Thank you, darthlemsip, for such a prompt response. ^

As for the container and its contents, I see that there have not been any changes since my last F flight. Am I the only male passenger who would like to see a small comb included in the kit?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a man with a finely cropped head of hair and a distinct 'monk patch' developing arounf the crown, a comb is unfotunately the last thing I need - but yes, I could see it being a worthwhile inclusion

On EK, the ammenity kits in J are different for male and female (not sure about F as I didn't get one - only given out on overnight flights I think). Would like to see BA do that, and up their J one as it's pretty poor
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
As a man with a finely cropped head of hair and a distinct 'monk patch' developing arounf the crown, a comb is unfotunately the last thing I need - but yes, I could see it being a worthwhile inclusion

On EK, the ammenity kits in J are different for male and female (not sure about F as I didn't get one - only given out on overnight flights I think). Would like to see BA do that, and up their J one as it's pretty poor
On EK F it's a male and female kit, the male one is a lovely brown leather wash bag.
These awful BA bags are only fit for eBay totally impractical and a razor would be good.Please can we have something like the old flying boat bags, both wife and I still use these.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Not only is the quality of the BA F bag slightly questionnable, the products are horrid! CW products are better (Elemis), but the bag is cheap and nasty. Would be good if BA could offer Emma Hardie products in F
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: BA
I'd swap it all for a decent sized tube of toothpaste.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Nope, current F bags still useless and get left on board. Contents are ok, but bags total rubbish.
In contrast, I still use the older F and J bags for cables and things....very useful.

On a related note, does anyone happen to have an older spare F tower bridge (or possibly boat) Anya bag (no contents) they would be willing to part with? Mine is now looking a little worse for wear... More than happy to send a few Ł in return and of course cover postage

Last edited by leaveamessage; Jul 26, 2012 at 7:57 am
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bring back the Flying Boat bag. ^ At least some of the DR Harris product has been ditched in favour of REN.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by linenbasket
On a related note, does anyone happen to have an older spare F tower bridge (or possibly boat) Anya bag (no contents) they would be willing to part with? Mine is now looking a little worse for wear... More than happy to send a few Ł in return and of course cover postage
Ł100 a bag? They are that useful and hardwearing. Once has done 9 years service and is barely worn.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by FlatusAntiquus
Thank you, darthlemsip, for such a prompt response. ^

As for the container and its contents, I see that there have not been any changes since my last F flight. Am I the only male passenger who would like to see a small comb included in the kit?
Great idea.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Another vote for something like the old bag to be returned. the current offering reminds me of the sort of container used by some Chinese take-aways
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
First Class Amenity Kits

The contents are so miniaturised it's almost impossible for anyone with adult size hands to use them.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Current F bag is a total waste of time, energy and money.

I've been using some contents and leaving mine behind for 2-3 years now.

The flying boat one was much better.

EK and QF bags make fantastic presents to kids... I'm taking a bunch of QF F ones and PJs from recent trips (unused!) to Uganda tonight on the BA63 as gifts for kids in an orphanage I support.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:38 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
The contents are so miniaturised it's almost impossible for anyone with adult size hands to use them.
I nearly brushed by teeth with eye gel (or something) recently.

The F bags really are terrible.

Also, the quality of the PJ's seems to have gone south. The large size always used to fit quite nicely, but now I can't fit into them (despite losing a fair bit of weight before you start tittering). The material also feels a lot thinner/cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.