Print Wikipost

Help me to help you

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 9:47 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Help me to help you

Dear all

It has been a while since I have posted anything to the community directly. My presence may seem distant but I assure you I am still here keeping an eye on things and responding to your private mails.

There is a common theme of requests cropping up and I thought it might be useful to share what I can and can't help with so please do read the following in case it's helpful:

> I am unable to do extensive system range searches for reward availability
> I cannot release any additional reward space outside of what is available for sale through ba.com or your local service centre
> I am happy to review requests for consideration for extenuating circumstances such as compassionate reasons etc but there is no guarantee that anything can be done outside a closer review so please do not be offended if I have to decline
> I cannot personally deal with customer relations queries but happy to follow up where no response has been received for an unreasonable period of time - if you email me the day after you submit your query this is not considered an unreasonable period of time for example
> I am happy to deal with tracking queries for flights where they have failed to award if you are having an issue upon dealing with your local service centre but I would try and encourage you to use the normal channels as much as possible

The ever increasing mailbox means it is getting more difficult to respond in a timely fashion to those who have genuinely exhausted all of their options and are really struggling for help or advice. There is a wealth of information and true experts on the forum who are always more than happy to help so I would encourage you to seek advice from your fellow FT'ers too.

That said, I really do hope that this is received with the intended intention to provide helpful and friendly advice and does not prevent anyone from contacting me if they need to. My door is always open - all I am asking is that you stop and think if the information is readily available elsewhere before pressing the send button.

Many thanks in advance and for your understanding - wishing you all an excellent weekend

Warm regards

Nicci
Old May 25, 2012, 10:32 am

Nicci, thanks very much for taking the time to write to us here. You're a huge asset to the forum and with our ever increasing user base, can certainly see how your workload will have increased dramatically.

I know that I and the other Ambassadors and Moderators will do our best to help out with people's queries via normal threads to ensure that your workload returns to a more manageable level.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Hi Nicci,

Is there any update on the ability in future to MFU shareholder or TA purchased flights?

Thanks
Old May 25, 2012, 10:47 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Thanks for your support - it really is appreciated

As per other threads, we are hoping to deliver upgrades using Avios for trade bookings towards the end of the summer

Best regards

Nicci
Old May 25, 2012, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Nice message Nicci - thank you.
If there's ever anything I can do to help any of our FT'ers, or you Nicci, please let me know.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Thanks for your support - it really is appreciated

As per other threads, we are hoping to deliver upgrades using Avios for trade bookings towards the end of the summer

Best regards

Nicci
Thanks Nicci,

Enjoy your weekend too
Old May 25, 2012, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I can just imagine what you have to deal with at times so fully understand your post.

Your presence on here and patience shown is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Nicci.

I have always tried to use your kind assistance very sparingly and would certainly encourage all of us to use the appropriate channels in BA first, before approaching you.

Enjoy the weekend and the good weather!
Old May 25, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks Nicci.

I have always tried to use your kind assistance very sparingly and would certainly encourage all of us to use the appropriate channels in BA first, before approaching you.

Ditto, use very sparingly is definitely the right approach.

And Nicci you were very helpful to me on more than one occasion - particularly your kind words when a relative passed away suddenly.

Best

BA or bust
Old May 25, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

hope its not this hot!

HOT. by cazz124, on Flickr
Old May 25, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Well said Nicci, thanks for the help you give us and those "little treats" that we would not normally get the chance to enjoy.
Old May 25, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Very well-worded email Nicci.

Your job at the moment sounds rather exhausting - I hope that you are bearing up!

If you are going to Taste of London I hope you get to have some 'down' time and at least get a few glasses of bubbles - you deserve it!

X
Old May 25, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club

Many thanks in advance and for your understanding - wishing you all an excellent weekend

Warm regards

Nicci
Thank you for being here to help
Old May 25, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Nice message Nicci - thank you.
If there's ever anything I can do to help any of our FT'ers, or you Nicci, please let me know.
It's an enormous comfort, just seeing you post SRG!
Old May 25, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Nicci was extremely helpful to me last year, when my mum died. She's a tremendous asset to BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.