Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

*Sigh* I don't like posting messages like this

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*Sigh* I don't like posting messages like this

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by shark67
+1

and saturday & sunday
+2

24x7
Old May 17, 2012, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
To be honest, I find it ridiculous that BA treat EU Golds to a lower class of service than UK Golds, especially as the TP thresholds are identical now.

I can't understand why the UK BAEC operators can't work with EU accounts - or US accounts for that matter. Why not have call centres which follow the sun (one in the US, the UK/EU and APAC, providing round-the-clock service) and are able to service any BAEC account, irrespective of origin or time? BA run these offices anyhow, why not empower them all and let everyone win?
Old May 17, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Why dont you phone the UK gold free number on skype or the US number on skype?

All UK 0800 numbers and US numbers starting 866 / 877 / 800 are free on skype
Old May 17, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Originally Posted by opalfruit
To be honest, I find it ridiculous that BA treat EU Golds to a lower class of service than UK Golds, especially as the TP thresholds are identical now.

I can't understand why the UK BAEC operators can't work with EU accounts - or US accounts for that matter. Why not have call centres which follow the sun (one in the US, the UK/EU and APAC, providing round-the-clock service) and are able to service any BAEC account, irrespective of origin or time? BA run these offices anyhow, why not empower them all and let everyone win?
The can give you basic information but they have local agreements and rules vary depending on account location. If its held somewhere else, then it will probably be subject to local rules of membership
Old May 17, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Try the italian call center, it's still mainland europe.. They should be able to handle it..
Old May 17, 2012, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by lhrworker
Why dont you phone the UK gold free number on skype or the US number on skype?

All UK 0800 numbers and US numbers starting 866 / 877 / 800 are free on skype
Evidently you're not a EU Gold card holder
Old May 17, 2012, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by whiskerxx
Gosh - all planes grounded? Airports closed????
That would be truly ironic on "ascension day"
Old May 17, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mumblemumble
That would be truly ironic on "ascension day"
Old May 17, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by lhrworker
The can give you basic information but they have local agreements and rules vary depending on account location. If its held somewhere else, then it will probably be subject to local rules of membership
No, the BAEC terms are the same in all countries as are the rules. That's what they tell you over the phone to justify their inability to do anything and it's simply a lie.

Originally Posted by opalfruit
Come on now, that would make a bit too much sense for our favourite airline.

I joke because a month ago I needed an absolutely urgent change to an award booking while I was in HK. Only the US call centre happened to be open and I convinced them to make the relevant change. When I called Slovakia to follow up on the booking and make additional necessary changes a few days later, they absolutely flipped a s*** and I got a 5 minute lecture/tirade about how "no other call center can touch 'their' booking" and that "they really aren't allowed to do that under any circumstances". Literally she absolutely went ballistic.

Thankfully common sense still prevails in some parts of the world.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by DWFI
Thankfully common sense still prevails in some parts of the world.
Is it just award bookings they're touchy about?

I phoned the UK Exec Club line a month ago to book a (paid) trip and somehow my non-UK address wasn't even mentioned?
Old May 17, 2012, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Is it just award bookings they're touchy about?

I phoned the UK Exec Club line a month ago to book a (paid) trip and somehow my non-UK address wasn't even mentioned?
If the booking involves Avios in any way, shape, or form (upgrade, Avos+cash, straight reward), then only your "home" BAEC office can touch the booking. This is one of the most frustrating things for some of us who actually use BA to... you know... go to OTHER places. No weekend access for continental Europe is also absolutely abominable IMHO.

Here's another one they'll definitely struggle with: amending a booking made during BAEC membership in one region after having moved to another region.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.