Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Are the Avios.com/Ba.com eStores trying to rip you off?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are the Avios.com/Ba.com eStores trying to rip you off?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I suppose it is all relative - if I was a multi-millionaire I probably wouldn't bother with the BA store or Quidco (well, actually, I probably would!) but as I'm not I'm quite happy with the £977 that I have got from Quidco for buying things that I would buy anyway
Agreed. I've been using the Avios and BAEC estores for about 6 months, and I've made around 15000 Avios out of it.

I've also made well over £2k on Quidco in the 5 years or so I've been using it. Mainly through insurance products. I'm less bothered about messing about with Quidco when I'm buying a £5 ebay item, but you can bet your hat I'll bother with it when the reward is £100/£150 on an insurance policy.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Here's a weird one - I bought a pair of cheap headphones via PC world - don't actually remember purchasing them via the BA site, got a 'random' credit of 18, yes count them...18 avios on my BAEC from PC world !!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by KeithJenner
I'm on the UK store.

The fact that iTunes often don't issue invoices for a few days has never caused me a problem either.

I recently spent about £100 there over the course of a few days, as I was given some gift cards. I was quite concerned at first as only a couple of transactions showed up, but then over the following days, iTunes invoices arrived and the estore shopping history filled up, in line with those invoices.
I think maybe the difference for me is that I am buying single songs and you are buying albums and the single itunes songs don't count anymore on the US website. Because nothing has shown up and I purchased them in mid november and early Dec.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: BA: Gold ; Hilton: Diamond, A|Club Silver, Marriott: Gold
Some help please, I use iTunes to purchase on my Apple devices! How do do you make it go through the estore. I presume log on web but does it only capture purchases started by this route!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Helinlouise
Last week PC World Business had 8 Avios to the £1. I wanted to buy a laptop for Christmas via the e-store.

The link wouldn't let me actually purchase the laptop so I called them up only to be told by PC World that their site 'blocks' certain cashback sites. When I queried if it blocked the e-store the agent just repeated they block certain cashback sites.

I couldn't buy the laptop using the e-store link so lost out on alot of Avios.
The Advertising Standards Authority might be interested to hear about this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Any advise for claiming Avios when Avios.com are (incorrectly) claiming that it wasn't booked through their portal and are referring to the click history?

Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:54 am

I’ve have loads of problems with the Avios store recently with either the wrong point amount being tracked or points not tracking all.

You can make a claim after 5 days on the Avios store though it is a bit of a faff to find.

Just be prepared for uninterested generic reply’s from them.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
I find that my work train trips track fine (Raileasy)

When I book hotels.com nothing tracks.

Filled in the missing avios form, their reply was hotels.com will reward the avios 45 days after my stay. Mrs Danair hotel.com transactions track perfectly well.

I doubt I will ever receive mine, but we shall see - first avios/hotels.com stay in a few weeks.

DanAirLondon
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:29 pm

Only problem I had at the start was disabling an adblocker as previous transactions did'nt post to pending avios.
If I've found something that I want to buy on a store before going through Avios or Gate 365 i will clear the browser to delete any info then click through as a clean transaction to whatever I'm buying. The process doesn't seem to pick up transactions if you've previously visited in search of the best deal.
Haven't missed a single transaction after this and into three figures for successful buys..
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
I find that my work train trips track fine (Raileasy)

When I book hotels.com nothing tracks.

Filled in the missing avios form, their reply was hotels.com will reward the avios 45 days after my stay. Mrs Danair hotel.com transactions track perfectly well.

I doubt I will ever receive mine, but we shall see - first avios/hotels.com stay in a few weeks.

DanAirLondon
I'm the same, I'm glad that my 2 avios per a pound goes through on my £20 train ticket but I'm somewhat annoyed about a 3 week holiday booked at 12 avios per a pound not going through.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was doing fine until the start of the month and now nothing seems to track.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’ve just started the Avios/Ba earning train and seem to have run into much the same problem as those posted here. Both with BA and Avios.com. Even after chasing, I am yet to be credited - only receiving a “we are looking into your issue” emails.

Surely this shouldn’t be this hard.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I have a reasonable success rate with Hilton bookings tracking via Avios eStore, with the occasional spurious 'cancelled' that isn't, and I don't sweat those too much.
I have just seen a new low with Avios awarded at the end of April for a stay, now being subtracted. You'd think (hope?) that once awarded, the job is done and they're safe, but apparently not!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I complained to BA estore about PC World and mentioned that I thought it was fraudulent and would no longer be using them.

2 transactions of over £2.5k and not a single Avios awarded. The problem is you never know how long to wait until you submit a claim. I guess they hope you ultimately forget.

Big shout out to Argos, Avios for every purchase however small, always posts very quickly with no need to chase.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by bhbloke
I complained to BA estore about PC World and mentioned that I thought it was fraudulent and would no longer be using them.

2 transactions of over £2.5k and not a single Avios awarded. The problem is you never know how long to wait until you submit a claim. I guess they hope you ultimately forget.

Big shout out to Argos, Avios for every purchase however small, always posts very quickly with no need to chase.
PDW BA, if no click/transaction history is showing five days after purchase, raise the missing avios form and the team will investigate. Best to nip these things in the bud I think rather than wait months and months for something that may have gone awry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.