Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
BA001 LCY - SNN - JFK

I forgot to photograph the canapés LCY-SNN which were nice: roast beef with wasabi, herbed labneh cherry tomato, salmon cream cheese wrap.

Fresh seasonal salad with vinaigrette. I'm not sure sun-blushed tomatoes are seasonal, but it was a nice sized portion all crisp and fresh

Artichoke tortellini with parmesan cheese sauce and caramelised fennel. Very nice, but needed much more sauce.

Maryland Cheddar, Shropshire Blue cheese served with caramelised onion chutney. Need to have been out of the chiller longer, and two more biscuits.

Warm baked apple and raspberry filo pasty with vanilla anglaise. Apple pie and custard, not bad - apple could have had a little more cooking and again needed more sauce.

Dainty chocolates sponsored by the caterer - very good

Sandwiches - coronation chicken, roast vegetables with goats cheese, gammon ham and wholegrain mustard, brie and cranberry jelly. Fresh, decent size - very good.

Tea Coffee?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:31 pm

BA226 ATL-LHR (F)

Does a single member of crew do the cooking and serving up? Everything was very precisely and attractively served, over all very enjoyable.

Amuse bouche - scallop and balsamic goo on a croűton. Amused my bouche nicely - several would have made a nice appetizer.

12 month aged Serrano ham with roasted tomato timbale and shallot dressing. Very tasty, but the rind had been left on the ham which made it very hard to cut or chew.

Braised beef with Armagnac aigre-doux sauce, haricots vert bundle, and seared endives. Beef lovely, mushed with a fork into the excellent sauce. Beans slightly over-cooked, bitter firm endives was perfect with the slightly sweet sauce. The dish needed potatoes.

Idiazabal, smokeshack gouda, fourme d'ambert cheese. Gouda was artifical, hard and not great. The other two were nice, but again a little too cold. Sufficient biscuits this time.

Tiramisu mousse and glass of Chateau de Rayne Vigneau 2003 - Yum.

Chocolates (dark picture sorry). No map to explain what they were, and they were strange flavours.

Breakfast - fresh fruit. All perfectly ripe, sweet and perfect.

Leek and Gruyčre frittata with green asparagus, rosti potato and green tomato chutney. Really crisp potato, perfect asparagus and fritta good - a little salty.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:56 pm

[QUOTE=ClubClassCowboy;23038512]BA226 ATL-LHR (F)

Had you already eaten it here? Or was this it?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
[QUOTE=dpark74;23038597]
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
BA226 ATL-LHR (F)

Had you already eaten it here? Or was this it?
I think that's it. The beef is hiding under the vegetables.

Certainly not a big portion.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:11 pm

Post your BA Food Pictures here

The beef wasn't that small, but the dish needed potatoes rather than more beef.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The plate looks as though they've left something off.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The portion sizes in F have been silly of late. I had a steak & eggs breakfast ex-DXB last week that would have been appropriate on a children's menu. A scoop of scrambled eggs, about 40 grams of steak, and roughly a dozen miniature potato cubes. The FA was very embarrassed, and brought me a dinner item, (more substantial but poor quality.)

Lately, I have taken to reserving two mains on lunch and dinner flights, or at least doing soup/starter/main/cheese. They do a lobster salad main that is actually a good appetizer portion, and that can make a decent starter for a steak.

Flew QR for the first time in a long while about two weeks ago, and while the overall experience was marred by an ugly IRROPS on the return, the food was restaurant quality, (and the T4 F experience SO lovely with no waits and a buggy from lounge to gate.)

I'll still take the BA CC any day, though. The human touch onboard is what wins.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Quote:

No - it was as described on the menu!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Club Europe, LHR - NCE.

BA really should be embarrassed at the afternoon tea offering. Think it might be time to order a special meal. Like Jewree said a few posts earlier, the scone was the only decent part.

Euro Traveller, NCE - LHR.

Found the flatbread more filling than the 3 fingered afternoon tea sandwich.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't help but feel that First food looks a lot like Business Class on some other airlines I could name and IMO on Austrian their Business food is even better than BA First. Captive market I suppose.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Ba2167 lgw-tpa

I keep forgetting to take pics of my meals, but here are some from a recent flight to Tampa (CW):

Rose Champagne with the usual nuts:

Buffalo mozzarella with tomato petals and wild rocket pesto. The salad is the usual "fresh seasonal salad with vinaigrette". The mozzarella was nice but the tomatoes a bit watery and tasteless:

I had an excellent main course: Pan seared fillet of British Beef with spring herbed green peppercorn crust and English cider jus. How they manage to keep the fillet of beef so juicy on a plane, I don't know but it was really nice.

I couldn't resist the lemon cheese cake for dessert:

Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
BA LGW - RAK

Chicken with a mushroom sauce and vegetables - very good

Dessert was a sort of toffee cheesecake - so so.

Cheeses very good.

RAK - LGW

Four Cheese Ravioli - Quite nice

Dessert was a passion fruit cheesecake I think - Nice, better than the toffee alternative.

OT - have the menus on band 4 been enhanced away? Didn't receive one on either flight.

Last edited by jackr27; Jun 18, 2014 at 11:48 am
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
So.... Cheese AND pud on a B4 short haul, yet on a CW flight, you don't automatically.....
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:25 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
So, some photos of the snacks provided in ET on short haul flights:

LHR - AMS 12 June:

ET LHR to AMS 12 Jun by BA_pics, on Flickr

and the return flight on 15th June:

ET AMS to LHR 15 Jun by BA_pics, on Flickr

No wonder we see more pics of the CE/CW/F meals!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BotB
So, some photos of the snacks provided in ET on short haul flights:

LHR - AMS 12 June:

ET LHR to AMS 12 Jun by BA_pics, on Flickr
What sort of very sick mind thinks of putting mayonnaise in a croissant (and cold sausage for good measure)???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.