Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA Board Trip Report of 2011 Competition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA Board Trip Report of 2011 Competition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:07 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
And the winner is...

Well, there isn't ONE. There's TWO. We couldn't decide. Two reports stood out - and both were very different.

One is literally a piece of technical brilliance. Attention to detail. Photography that would satisfy Getty Images. And a writing style so full of colour and style that it makes you wonder why this person doesn't write for a living.

Prospero said of this report...
"The most descriptive of reports...paying very close attention to product and service detail. Images are carefully composed and enhance the prose perfectly, at each step pf the journey. That takes dedication. What I like about this report is the author generously chronicled the trip, assessing each point fairly and objectively. It serves a mutlitude of audiences - researchers, lounge aficionados, and BA crusties. To hit all the spots takes some doing. Really impressive!"
LTN Phobia said "it was bloody good". Which is the same as what Prospero said, but without all the public school colour.

The other is written from the heart. And soul. And the writing is equally as descriptive as the one above. And it's a great story.

Here's Prospero again...
"An absolutely triumphant and entertaining report, written from the heart and oozing with passion. Joyful, humourous and exceptionally factual. Great photography that helps the story flow".
LTN Phobia said "this one was bloody good also"

Or something like that...
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:11 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

The Joint Winners of the BA Trip Report Competition are...

matthandy and BingBongBoy
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Well done BBB and matthandy. ^

And well done to everyone else who wrote great reports.

Programs: NZ *Gold
Congratulations both! Thoroughly well deserved^
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not olybeast?!

Robbed!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: Aerclub
Congratulations to both winners^
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: BA
Well done guys Always enjoy reading your reports
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Congratulations to matthandy, BingBongBoy and all the other nominees.

It really was a tough choice, so much that the only result we could agree on was the honour deserved to be shared.

To quote Swanhunter "To all those who weren't nominated remember that your efforts will still have been enjoyed by many and hopefully inspired someone to follow in your footsteps". True words.

The winning reports are:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...d-bangkok.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...bos-lhr-j.html
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:24 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Special mention must go to the following:

1. To our fellow Mods, Petrus and Moomba. Firstly, Petrus, your report personified what "mateship" is all about. It resonated a lot for me at least. There was humour, some great pics and above all, a genuineness that is so hard to convey in print. Well done.

And Moomba, I had no idea you were such a talented writer. And funny as all get out. I loved your report. You my friend, are invited for drinks anytime.

2. Olybeast - you showed the old folks the joy of travel again. It was a delight to read. It really was. Thought it was great. The signed photos. The birthday celebration, the op-up, and the sincere excitement of flying.

3. HIDDY - you old dog. I would travel with you anyday. Prospero said "what a hoot, dry devilish wit. Great images, cleverly captioned. There's a very special charm throughout each stage of the journey and behind that carefully composed photography" I just thought that perhaps the more Malbec you drank, the better you became at taking photos.

4. teflon - If this was your first effort, then you are a natural. And I loved the Amtrak part. The photos were perfect too.

5. Malkie- well done on making an honest man of yourself and getting hitched. Seriously. Congratulations.

And to everyone else - well done on making the cut. It was a pleasure to read each and every report and I had no idea you English could write so well
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Prospero
Congratulations to matthandy, BingBongBoy and all the other nominees.
Two very worthy winners....both stood out from the rest.

Well done boys. ^
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Prospero
You wanna know the source of the dispute?

Apologies malkie, the cat fight by no means reflects on the quality of your report or the cheese dish in question. We just got terribly distracted. But for the record, what's so wrong with the concept of a Laughing Cow themed amuse bouche and exactly who in the 21st Century owns a girolle?
So, can I now ask why this photo evoked a dispute ?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A hearty round of applause to the winners ... ^ ^

... and a thank you to the Moderators for spending a lot of time exercising their skill and judgement. ^

[I'll read BBB's one now ]
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Hearty congratulations to the two very desvering winners.

Were it not for Matt's outstanding Trip Report I would have voted for BBB's

Two absolutely fantastic Trip Reports from 2011 ^
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Congratulations to both matthandy and BingBongBoy - both reports are excellent and I enjoyed them equally. Great text/image balance and prose describing BA's premium products.

^
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I think you lost BBB at eightblack in the gold mankini.......

Congratulations, guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.