Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Offered upgrade to FIRST for £380 - take it??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered upgrade to FIRST for £380 - take it??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I wonder what he did in the end?

Any bets?

Prices:

2/1 - He did nothing and flew in CW
3/1 - He asked for the upgrade, paid for it and flew F
4/1 - He asked for the upgrade, but it was too late, all F seats gone
10/1 - He got a free Op-Up
fiver on 2/1 - He did nothing and flew in CW and just in case £3 on 10/1 - He got a free Op-Up.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am on the dorm tomorrow in CW, very full flight (F1 A0 J1 C0 D0 R0 I0 W1 E0 T0 Y0 B0 etc)! The seat map was really quiet, yesterday there were just 6 seats reserved in a 48 seat CW cabin, 3 of them being us. We are a Gold and 2 Silvers, I think we actually stand a chance of an Op-Up...

Not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikey2124
I am on the dorm tomorrow in CW, very full flight (F1 A0 J1 C0 D0 R0 I0 W1 E0 T0 Y0 B0 etc)! The seat map was really quiet, yesterday there were just 6 seats reserved in a 48 seat CW cabin, 3 of them being us. We are a Gold and 2 Silvers, I think we actually stand a chance of an Op-Up...

Not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice!

All due respect Mikey, but despite your status I would not be impressed if they upgraded a teenager to first! Not heard of that happening before!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1A-Asleep
All due respect Mikey, but despite your status I would not be impressed if they upgraded a teenager to first! Not heard of that happening before!
I'm with the parents, have been Op-Up'd four times before before (once ET to CE, once WT to WT+, twice WT+ to CW) I wouldn't rule me out of it because of my age! I was first Op-Up'd when with my Mum, brother and sister (we were all below 15 at that time, and I am the youngest), we were flying to JFK and got upgraded from WT+ to CW.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikey2124
I'm with the parents, have been Op-Up'd four times before before (once ET to CE, once WT to WT+, twice WT+ to CW) I wouldn't rule me out of it because of my age! I was first Op-Up'd when with my Mum, brother and sister (we were all below 15 at that time, and I am the youngest), we were flying to JFK and got upgraded from WT+ to CW.
All very well but i would hope first is kept a little more 'special!' I would be very surprised if they moved you forward!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Dude, do it!^
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Correct me if I'm wrong but, if there is only 1 seat showing in f how do 3 of you expect an op up?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by mdj1
Correct me if I'm wrong but, if there is only 1 seat showing in f how do 3 of you expect an op up?
It's one seat for sale. It doesn't mean that all but one of the F seats is occupied. For example J may be oversold so revenue management are reducing the F stock for sale to allow for opups. There is also the no show formula to allow for
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Mikey you don't happen to be on ba115 do you? If so we will be on the same flight, if I get the op up you can have my 64 jk
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Smile

My 15-year-old (and I) was upgraded to First (1A&K) from Club on the 115 to JFK in December
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:49 pm

so what did you do....

Originally Posted by FliGuy
I was offered an upgrade from CW to First at checkin from Mumbai for 30k rupees (approx £380). Declined it but now sitting int he lounge on the verge of asking if it is still available !! It was new First on the way out, so assume it would be same on the way back (BA 198)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Although not betting on the outcome, I also want to know - did you go for NF ?

I would have had the upgrade
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:09 am
Ambassador

All very well but i would hope first is kept a little more 'special!'

I'm fairly sure the presence of a teenager/young adult does not make F any less special.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
If I need the TP's I'd have taken it - but I wouldn't for the flight per se

If you are connecting to a EURO flight in LHR is nice to use the Concorde Lounge as well so that would have a bit of added value as well^
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA304

I'm fairly sure the presence of a teenager/young adult does not make F any less special.
I disagree, sorry. I want time to work and relax and without relying on sterotypes I don't want an overexcited teenager in the F cabin unless they are full fare and used to it!

Its bad enough with BA the amount of staff in F... My last trip the FO spent as much time talking to a colleague in F than he did in the cockpit!

F should be exclusive and i would be disapointed if BA did not take age into account when upgrading!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.