Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:16 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Arrived into LHR last night from a delayed NCL flight and sat at a remote stand for 35 mins while they got stairs to us.

£150 e-travel voucher, as i'm getting sick of receiving avios.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:21 am

Is there anecodotal evidence among you that of those who have complained several times (rightly or not, I'm not inferring anything) - that you still receive OpUps?

A little bit paranoid perhaps, but you never know about being blacklisted! Just curious.

Also, do the e-travel vouchers apply to all spend, or only the fare itself? In other words, can they go towards the APD/YQ if the fare alone is low.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
What's the best way to make a compensation claim, online or give them a call?

Had a 2h 30m delay to Istanbul a couple of weeks ago that was announced 24 hours before the flight. At T5 they were using the excuse that it was late arriving from IST, although I spoke to a family member who was on duty that day for BA and she said it was due to staff rest time

Last edited by yokozuma; Sep 13, 2013 at 7:31 am
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Questioned last month whether the lunch buffet in T3 GF had been removed, as there was only sandwiches out. Got a reply that there 100% should have been a hot buffet, and this must have been a catering mix up; 5k Avios apology.

Was in there again yesterday at lunchtime; no hot buffet. Menu card telling you what should have been there, but no food. Asked someone and got a curt "just order from the menu".

Anyone seen a hot buffet in T3 GF at lunch in the past couple of months?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold

I was there week before last at lunch time - just grim looking sandwiches, no hot food, didn't think to complain, but it was a bit rubbish considering it was afternoon tea offering on the flight. They really seem to have cocked all this stuff up.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
I was there week before last at lunch time - just grim looking sandwiches, no hot food, didn't think to complain, but it was a bit rubbish considering it was afternoon tea offering on the flight. They really seem to have cocked all this stuff up.
There are menus and they will cook you food if you ask, but I like the ease of a buffet offering.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Questioned last month whether the lunch buffet in T3 GF had been removed, as there was only sandwiches out. Got a reply that there 100% should have been a hot buffet, and this must have been a catering mix up; 5k Avios apology.

Was in there again yesterday at lunchtime; no hot buffet. Menu card telling you what should have been there, but no food. Asked someone and got a curt "just order from the menu".

Anyone seen a hot buffet in T3 GF at lunch in the past couple of months?
I was there 2-3 times since June and no buffet during lunch. However I am not surprised, given the number of people in the lounge during lunch time (<10).
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by haasha
I was there 2-3 times since June and no buffet during lunch. However I am not surprised, given the number of people in the lounge during lunch time (<10).
It shouldn't matter if there's only one person in there; if a buffet is a published benefit then it should be there.

There was a flight to LAX yesterday at around that time and there was quite a few Ex Plats muttering over the limp sandwiches.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
It shouldn't matter if there's only one person in there; if a buffet is a published benefit then it should be there.

There was a flight to LAX yesterday at around that time and there was quite a few Ex Plats muttering over the limp sandwiches.
Where is it written that hot buffet is there? All Exec Club pages I have seen only mention "food and drink".
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by haasha
Where is it written that hot buffet is there? All Exec Club pages I have seen only mention "food and drink".
Both times I've been in there has been a menu on the buffet stand detailing what should be there (beef ribs, etc).
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)

Well if the BA lounge isn't good enough for them they can always use the AA lounge! I can't see why it's in BA's interest to spend their catering budget feeding AA passengers when they have their own lounge.

The missing buffet in T3 GF in quiet times has happened long before BaxterStorey took over, the only difference was before BaxterStorey I was disappointed when there was no buffet there (but you could ask them to prepare something off the buffet), now the beef rib is the only remotely decent thing I'd rather order off the menu anyway.

Although back in the pre-BaxterStorey days if you needed a buffet in T3 (e.g. not much time) you could just go to GC, but now GC has been enhanced to meal times only then it's not possible there either.

EDIT: then again if you're a BA gold card holder and want a hot buffet, why not see what the AA flagship has to offer, I think they have a hot buffet (they did when I was there, but that was a mealtime) and it's also slightly closer to the BA bus station. The AA staff might be surprised to see someone on a BA flight turn up at their lounge, but it's possible the food might be passable.

Last edited by layz; Sep 15, 2013 at 4:44 am Reason: AA
Old Sep 15, 2013, 5:07 am

Is there not a certain irony in telling AA pax to bugger off back to their lounge and then advising BA pax to go and use it as well?

I understand I could use the CX or AA lounge, but I like the quiet atmosphere of GF.

Ultimately it's not a problem if they want to remove the buffet offering, but stop telling me that it will "definitely be there" on my future visits when that's clearly not the case. I'm happy to take an extra 5k Avios every time I'm there, but this would be easily solved with a "due to low traffic at this time, we no longer offer a hot buffet in this lounge. Please feel free to order from the menu."
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by 21H21J
ATL-LHR
Club world booked with Avios (not that it should make a difference)
Faulty seat - would not lie flat unless forced into position by three crew, and then would not stay flat.

Complained and got "I do apologise" and "Thank you again for bringing this to our notice".

Absolutely stunned.
Finally got a resolution to this, although only after being told no again and then escalating much higher up.

What I don't understand is why the crew did not offer some form of service recovery on board, or why I was told "sorry but no" twice by customer relations. At either point I would have accepted far fewer avios than was ultimately given.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Is there not a certain irony in telling AA pax to bugger off back to their lounge and then advising BA pax to go and use it as well?
What I mean is, they have their own lounge, provided by their own airline, but they must decide that the BA one is better so they use it (like they're entitled to) but are moaning about it.

If you try the AA lounge and find the food offering better then there's nothing wrong with that. But if it wasn't you'd probably not sit there complaining how bad it was, you'd just go back to the BA lounge.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Fying AMS to LHR this morning in CE i got the breakfast tray and a glass with lipstick.. Now I dont wear any lipstic and even the crew member throght that would not be my color..

What shiuld I ask for

Globalist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.