Wiki Posts
Search

LAS lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA soon to be Silver
LAS lounge

Having been in there before, it's nothing to write home about - but the lounge in Vegas had a notice up yesterday saying that it was no longer open to airline cards of any colour - only passengers in First (presumably including CW). With a busy 747 most days, and rumours of a second daily service, surely BA need to look at lounge provision...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Woah! That doesn't sound good. I wonder if it was temporary whilst building works were carried out to an area of the lounge, perhaps?

I was suprised when flying domestically from LAS - JFK last year in F that even AA doesn't have a lounge there... Used my Amex card to get into a Delta lounge, I think, from memory...

But seriously - all that space in the desert - surely McCarran Int has space to offer airlines for more lounges?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Is there anywhere in the BA system where there's a lounge, but BA Silvers can't get into?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by MrHeckles
Having been in there before, it's nothing to write home about - but the lounge in Vegas had a notice up yesterday saying that it was no longer open to airline cards of any colour - only passengers in First (presumably including CW). With a busy 747 most days, and rumours of a second daily service, surely BA need to look at lounge provision...
I am not surprised - when I was there last month there were no seats at all. (Actually, they let me guest a friend in who was in Y, but we didn't bother when we saw how full it was).

They do accept PP, but not in the couple of hours before the BA flight leaves.

Originally Posted by 747_not_777

But seriously - all that space in the desert - surely McCarran Int has space to offer airlines for more lounges?
BA will move to the new T3 in June this year. Presumably there will be much improved lounge facilities there.

Last edited by irmster; Jan 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by irmster
I am not surprised - when I was there last month there were no seats at all. (Actually, they let me guest a friend in who was in Y, but we didn't bother when we saw how full it was).

They do accept PP, but not in the couple of hours before the BA flight leaves.

BA will move to the new T3 in June this year. Presumably there will be much improved lounge facilities there.
Same here, very busy when we were there on 5 Jan, albeit it doesnt take many guests to fill it. Very few seats available.....
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MrHeckles
Has this (access only for those flying in J/F) not always been the case at LAS?

T3 due to open by this summer, IIRC, will address capacity issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.