FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LAS lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1303528-las-lounge.html)

MrHeckles Jan 17, 2012 12:20 pm

LAS lounge

Having been in there before, it's nothing to write home about - but the lounge in Vegas had a notice up yesterday saying that it was no longer open to airline cards of any colour - only passengers in First (presumably including CW). With a busy 747 most days, and rumours of a second daily service, surely BA need to look at lounge provision...

747_not_777 Jan 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Woah! That doesn't sound good. I wonder if it was temporary whilst building works were carried out to an area of the lounge, perhaps?

I was suprised when flying domestically from LAS - JFK last year in F that even AA doesn't have a lounge there... Used my Amex card to get into a Delta lounge, I think, from memory...

But seriously - all that space in the desert - surely McCarran Int has space to offer airlines for more lounges?

EuropeanPete Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Is there anywhere in the BA system where there's a lounge, but BA Silvers can't get into?

irmster Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by MrHeckles (Post 17831142)
Having been in there before, it's nothing to write home about - but the lounge in Vegas had a notice up yesterday saying that it was no longer open to airline cards of any colour - only passengers in First (presumably including CW). With a busy 747 most days, and rumours of a second daily service, surely BA need to look at lounge provision...

I am not surprised - when I was there last month there were no seats at all. (Actually, they let me guest a friend in who was in Y, but we didn't bother when we saw how full it was).

They do accept PP, but not in the couple of hours before the BA flight leaves.

Originally Posted by 747_not_777 (Post 17831232)

But seriously - all that space in the desert - surely McCarran Int has space to offer airlines for more lounges?

BA will move to the new T3 in June this year. Presumably there will be much improved lounge facilities there.

mike&co Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 17831335)
I am not surprised - when I was there last month there were no seats at all. (Actually, they let me guest a friend in who was in Y, but we didn't bother when we saw how full it was).

They do accept PP, but not in the couple of hours before the BA flight leaves.

BA will move to the new T3 in June this year. Presumably there will be much improved lounge facilities there.

Same here, very busy when we were there on 5 Jan, albeit it doesnt take many guests to fill it. Very few seats available.....

Scots_Al Jan 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by MrHeckles (Post 17831142)

Has this (access only for those flying in J/F) not always been the case at LAS?

T3 due to open by this summer, IIRC, will address capacity issues.