Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Heathrow Express Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Are you referring to a private car service? If so, do you mind if I ask which one you used?

When the 19% discount at the old price was available our preference would have been the HEX (for 2 of us), but with no discount at all, I'll be looking for some sort of car service.
Airport Executive have been good in the past. Around £34 + parking into W1 including 40 minutes waiting time.

While HEX is fast if you live near paddington and catch the train on the dot, after cabs/tube to get home and schlepping through the tunnels, and if you miss a train by 1 min., a car isn't necessarily slower unless its peak traffic time. Much more comfortable too. And if its a group, also a big saving.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Are you referring to a private car service? If so, do you mind if I ask which one you used?
Haven't done the trip yet but I Googled a few and found a return meet and greet service from T5 to central London can be had for around £75.

Originally Posted by Moomba
I should have added that the return fare is only () £34. So it seems there is a significant advantage to buying returns now.
Still pricey for two passengers travelling together. We used it a good few years back when we flew down to London for the day so had no luggage......I can't recall the price but it must have been a good discount for me to buy it.

Originally Posted by YClass

While HEX is fast if you live near paddington and catch the train on the dot, after cabs/tube to get home and schlepping through the tunnels, and if you miss a train by 1 min., a car isn't necessarily slower unless its peak traffic time. Much more comfortable too. And if its a group, also a big saving.
Agreed.
After arriving at Paddington we would then have to hail a cab to get to the hotel so the extra expense of that on top of the train fare makes taking the HEX impractical.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:04 am

Can a return be treated as two singles?

In the past they've been very flexible about dates and directions of travel. A ticket person told me they didn't care which way it was going.

I ask because quite often I'll get a cab for a first thing flight, but then take HEx home as I'm fairly close to Paddington and it's easier.

So the return could be a mini-carnet, for £17 a pop.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cazoz
Yes, their FAQ says you can and I've never had any problem with that:

Can I use my ticket in either direction?

Yes, you can. Don’t worry if you’ve bought a ticket for the ‘wrong’ direction by mistake, it will still be valid.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Yes you can, within the validity period (3 months from outbound if IIRC?). Or maybe thats old regs.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It's shockingly expensive without the discounts I must say! Having endured the Piccadilly line however I think I'll just stump up the cash this time round...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by cazoz

In the past they've been very flexible about dates and directions of travel. A ticket person told me they didn't care which way it was going.

I ask because quite often I'll get a cab for a first thing flight, but then take HEx home as I'm fairly close to Paddington and it's easier.

So the return could be a mini-carnet, for £17 a pop.
Yes, no problem doing that as long as it's within the validity duration (which is a month for paper tickets; no idea for e-tickets as I have a Gold Card so always have to have a paper ticket).
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For e-tickets, it's three months, but once you make the outbound journey, the return is only valid for one calendar month.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Just used the ANZ one, still works. £18 instead of £20.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by skye1
Just used the ANZ one, still works. £18 instead of £20.
Good spot, thanks
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That might be handy for people this weekend with the Piccadilly line part-suspended and a big messy changeathon to get out to Heathrow.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Is the picadilly line just problematic this weekend? Planning on using it during the week and it takes nearly as long to get to KX by Hex + tube anyway.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just scheduled weekend work. Note tfl say you need to go via Ealing to get to or from heathrow - heathrow connect not a free option!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody wanting to use the HEX tomorrow around 0710 please feel free to PM me. Mrs. stifle and I will be travelling with a Gold card and a Network Railcard allowing up to 6 adults accompanying us to get £13.20 single tickets, plus four children at £2 each and four more at £3.80 each.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
https://www.heathrowexpress.com/airnz?tid=AIRNZ

This 10% off with ANZ is still working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.