Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not everyone is as obsessed as us about the best seat!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not everyone is as obsessed as us about the best seat!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by matthewuk
But if they have 4 seats left to sell why not just go JCD4 FA4?
Perhaps because that's "four more reservations before we reach the overbooking limit", not "four empty seats left on the aircraft".

But I do agree with the original proposition: I think that most passengers really don't care much about which seats they're in and certainly wouldn't put much effort into finding out which are good seats, let alone into getting them.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
You're auto assigned seats when you book F aren't you?

I've always 'changed' seats as opposed to selected them when I've booked F. When you log into your booking for the first time, it says "your allocated seats are- seats 4E,4F" or similar, so I assume as soon as you book, seats are chosen for you.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
I have always - and that includes my so far only F booking made two days ago - been assigned a seat at the time of booking whenever I've had the status to choose one.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
One irregular traveller there said she was very happy to have a middle seat if near the front, which doesn't compute for me
Nor me. I've spoken to a few people who say this and try as I might I just cannot understand their logic. The time savings between the first and last rows disembarking must be less than 10 minutes. Is their time really that precious that they would rather be uncomfortable for sometimes in excess of a few hours just to get where they are going a few minutes earlier. In many cases they will end up waiting for the same train or bus as the person in row 99 anyway!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by travellingblade
Nor me. I've spoken to a few people who say this and try as I might I just cannot understand their logic. The time savings between the first and last rows disembarking must be less than 10 minutes. Is their time really that precious that they would rather be uncomfortable for sometimes in excess of a few hours just to get where they are going a few minutes earlier. In many cases they will end up waiting for the same train or bus as the person in row 99 anyway!
Its a bit different if connecting on to a US immigration queue!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:40 am

It is not only seat allocation that fails to raise enthusiasm. Some frequent flyers don't bother with miles either. My boss returned from abroad for just three days before flying back to the same place. I commented that it was good for airmiles and she said she did not collect them and could not be bothered to fill in the forms. I was struck dumb so unable to provide an explanation as to why she should register!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

But it is worth reiterating that not all travellers are obsessed with seats. I was chatting to a coterie of Golds and Silvers in the NCL lounge yesterday - (quite a few delays and unfortunately I missed a rare chance to go down on the 767 that operated one service) - and most of them weren't that bothered - or didn't get the time - to muck about with seating.
Or, even if they are, they could be forgetful like I am. I have a tendency to forget it, particularly if I am flying short haul.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Staff and crew Klinons are the most likely reason why it was so full. There will have been paid for upgrades but at this time of year my money wuld be on staff. How many got a sleeper suit........?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.