Tesco and BA - 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by xenole
£7.98 each was the cheapest in my local store today (No:364?)
As usual, depends on the resale value as to decide whether a £15.96 spend is worth 515+ CC points = 1218 Avios at normal rates.
Also online, cheapest is £6 something, so £12 something for 1200 Avios, less 3 per cent Quidco less ebay proceeds. No postage if collect instore.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
An interesting coupon I got with my latest clubcard coupon mailing is 200 points for a £10 O2 top up.

I buy O2 topups as I use giffgaff for their cheap unlimited data packages and O2 top ups work with giffgaff so I buy £10/month worth through Tesco so I get some points out of it, but 200 for this time was a nice surprise.

Did anyone else get this?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:42 pm

Smile Tesco Mortgages

Hi,

Saw today that Tesco now do mortgages. Seems like you can earn 1 clubcard point for every £4. Rates don't seem too bad. Might be a nice way to earn some clubcard points

http://www.tescobank.com/personal/finance/home.html

cheers

Eastwood
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Eastwood357
Hi,

Saw today that Tesco now do mortgages. Seems like you can earn 1 clubcard point for every £4. Rates don't seem too bad. Might be a nice way to earn some clubcard points

http://www.tescobank.com/personal/finance/home.html

cheers

Eastwood
Yes, it's a fairly new product, but not really exciting honestly.

I wouldn't base my mortgage decision on clubcard points, if their deal is the best, fair enough, but unless you pay a huge amount every month 1 point per £4 really isn't that many points if you work it out over a year.

Most people could probably earn the same extra points just by buying a few DVD's with extra points instead.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Been out for a couple of months now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ortgage-market

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/mortgages/9449463/Tesco-Bank-finally-launches-first-range-of-mortgages.html
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Been out for a couple of months now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ortgage-market

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/mortgages/9449463/Tesco-Bank-finally-launches-first-range-of-mortgages.html

I really wonder how many people will take one out just for extra clubcard points - £2.50 worth per £1000 repaid.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Extra CC points in store at tesco for organic veg

http://supermarketspecialoffers.com/...intOffers.aspx

But only for 3 more days
Old Sep 27, 2012, 3:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by hingeless
Extra CC points in store at tesco for organic veg

http://supermarketspecialoffers.com/...intOffers.aspx

But only for 3 more days
Hmmm, would be better if it was 50 points per item

Maybe check the "whoops" section for reduced ones, points should still go on.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:18 am

Alas, you will find this is an any two for the 25 points offer. Clearly marked on some items earlier this week.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Maybe check the "whoops" section for reduced ones, points should still go on.
Whoops section? Only ever seen that on ASDA reduced stickers
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Alas, you will find this is an any two for the 25 points offer. Clearly marked on some items earlier this week.
I got the shallots, carrots, garlic and red onions for 25 points each, as well as 1KG of lovely fresh lean steak mince from the meat counter on sale 1/2 price at £4 per KG

Made the most amazing spaghetti bolognese this evening

OK, I overpaid for the veg, but the meat discount balanced things out a bit

Originally Posted by layz
Whoops section? Only ever seen that on ASDA reduced stickers
Whatever the Tesco equivalent is, yellow stickers in any case

Didn't see any of the organic veg in the reduced section today though
Old Sep 28, 2012, 2:49 am

I bought carrots, baking potatoes, baby corn and beans on 20 and 26th Sept and they all went through as 25 points for two. Also said that on the shelf sticker.

I know the web site says 25 points each but in the past it has not given them for a single purchase.

Maybe they are awash with organic veg and have changed the offer or have different offers in different stores. Both these possibilities represent a significant departure from normal Tesco behaviour.

Off to my Extra to explore!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
also confirm 25 points for 2 went on Mrs Yorkieflyers account for the veg....still chomping through the carrot mountain here
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by layz
An interesting coupon I got with my latest clubcard coupon mailing is 200 points for a £10 O2 top up.

I buy O2 topups as I use giffgaff for their cheap unlimited data packages and O2 top ups work with giffgaff so I buy £10/month worth through Tesco so I get some points out of it, but 200 for this time was a nice surprise.
Veering completely off topic ... are you a happy bunny with giffgaff? I've only just come across them: attractive offer, but i wonder how goodthey are in practice.

The O2 link is a positive!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Veering completely off topic ... are you a happy bunny with giffgaff? I've only just come across them: attractive offer, but i wonder how goodthey are in practice.

The O2 link is a positive!
Not perfect, but their data/coverage is the same as O2 as they use their network (and are owned by them, but at arms length).

There's a few hassles and sometimes their website goes down at the worst time possible (as an ex-bmi customer I'm used to it ), but ultimately I'm happy as they offer good value.

If you decide to give it a go PM me and I'll send you an affiliate link, you'll get an extra £5 credit and so will I.

What I did was get a SIM, try it out for coverage etc in an old Nokia I had, then for a few days I put the SIM in my regular phone to test data speeds, etc. Then you you're happy at the end of the month you can port your number over, if you're not happy you've just spent a tenner, a lot safer than getting tied down in a contract.

You can pay in two different ways, you can have what they call a recurring goodybag when you pay for your package monthly on a credit (Visa/MC only) or debit card.

What I do is top my phone up PAYG style buying an O2 voucher from Tesco on my Amex to maximise points (so it was nice when they sent me that 200 bonus points voucher) and then you can take your unlimited data/texts package out of your PAYG credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.