Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA - 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by hingeless
I read the OP on the tesco offer a minute after it posted and hesitated too much. I could have had £1500 but I am thinking that half an F redemption when using a 241 is still better use of the points.
Cue the old chestnut about whether you would have ever forked out the actual cash for F flights........

I'll be happy with free food for 3-4 months, ta muchly

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club
Love it! ^^
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:57 pm

For those ordering Dysons, on the Dyson product page there are details of a "Free cleaning tool kit worth £56 with selected handheld and cordless vacuums"

http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuumcleaner...dc34/dc34.aspx

It's not clear whether this is only for ordering direct with Dyson, but a review of the product on the Debenhams site from March '12 states they sent off for the kit. I'll wait to see what comes in the box, then try to get this extra if it's not part of the delivery.

Last edited by trickster; Jan 2, 2013 at 2:58 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:01 pm

Hahah genius!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:05 pm

Amex are aware of the error, was told all deals will be pulled off the site and corrected in the morning, but they are still taking the orders tonight if you called in, grabbed some wine, 2 dyson, and 2 Le Creuset. ..... missed the tesco gift card, grrrr,

Last edited by ysb41; Jan 2, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
So what was the point if you knew they are going to be pulled?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:10 pm

assume he meant pulled from the site so they can't be used tomorrow?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I read the OP on the tesco offer a minute after it posted and hesitated too much. I could have had £1500 but I am thinking that half an F redemption when using a 241 is still better use of the points.
Cue the old chestnut about whether you would have ever forked out the actual cash for F flights........

I'll be happy with free food for 3-4 months, ta muchly

Love it! ^^
To be honest I wouldn't spend cash on flights but we only now fly LH in BA F so I suppose we need the points to keep this up. (8 F flights. 0 in CW !!)

And I couldn't get a lloyds amex so I am about 1m avios behind you panny
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Right, I give up, wasting my holiday.

If anyone ever thinks of trying to use the amex mr site on an android tab, don't bother!

Cold beer in order I think, just missed two magnificent deals.
They can take orders through phone, so if you have Skype or something similar might be worth to give it a try.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by ysb41
Amex are aware of the error, was told all deals will be pulled and corrected in the morning, but they are still taking the orders tonight if you called in, grabbed some wine, 2 dyson, and 2 Le Creuset. ..... missed the tesco gift card, grrrr,
Dammit, I should have called earlier.

I have 1,900 MR left in my Gold MR account and 1,000 in my corporate.

Would have been nice to mop up my last few points with a case of wine.

It's possible to merge the 2 MR accounts but they can only do that between 8am and 8pm.

Same story for buying points too, Grrrrr

Edit: Just remembered I did call earlier but they were "Experiencing high call volumes", first time I ever heard that message calling Amex!

And I couldn't get a lloyds amex so I am about 1m avios behind you panny
To be honest, less than 1/2 the Avios I earned last year were from Lloyds!
My best source of Avios at the moment is putting regular 5 figure a month biz spend through the BMI Plus Visa!

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 2, 2013 at 3:27 pm
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Richyo
Anyone know if you can buy other branded gift cards with a tesco gift card and get the 150 clubcard point bonus?
It worked for me last time.
I was not sure if they will let me buy gift cards with my Tesco gift cards, so I purchased branded gift cards with other items together and paid them with Tesco gift cards. Transaction went through without any problem just like the normal grocery shopping and points appeared on receipt straight away^
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Looks like there will be no tesco transfer bonus to Airmiles or Avios this quarter, just an entry into a draw if you convert £10 by 5th march.

There is a 50% bonus for transferring into VS and also 1000 points for selecting auto opt-in.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tangey
There is a 50% bonus for transferring into VS and also 1000 points for selecting auto opt-in.
Remember that you can do Virgin to Hilton at 1 to 2.

If you value Hilton points at £5 / 1000 (which I admit requires a bit of skill when redeeming) then you are getting £9+ of hotel per £2.50 Tesco voucher.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
My le creuset order has gone completed, my order for 3x dysons is still progressing. I note that both along with the wine are still available for purchase at the cheap points price.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Looks like there will be no tesco transfer bonus to Airmiles or Avios this quarter, just an entry into a draw if you convert £10 by 5th march.

Yes, see my post in the VFC section for details.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:21 am

My le creuset order has gone completed, my order for 3x dysons is still progressing. I note that both along with the wine are still available for purchase at the cheap points price.
Ditto.

1x Le Creuset order completed.
1x Dyson in progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.