Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do we now have to read italian?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by HIDDY
It translates...

Now that your Eurocheating days in Italy will soon be coming to an end....
Can you translate the line that immediately followed that one ?
"Servono roast beef tre volte al giorno nelle carceri inglesi"
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:05 pm

I got it in American. It reads:

"Dear Mr Walker Snr, I'm sure you'll know by now, that to make the Executive Club even more awsome for 97% of our Members, we’re making exciting changes...."
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Que?

Just received an email from BAEC:

Come ormai saprà, per rendere l’Executive Club ancora più gratificante per i nostri soci, stiamo introducendo delle interessanti novità. La più recente, che sono lieto di presentarle oggi, è The Club, una rivista digitale scritta da esperti del settore.

Per esempio, in questo numero, troverà una presentazione delle migliori nuove boutique a New York, e sui luoghi di Edimburgo che lo scrittore Ian Rankin preferirebbe restassero segreti.

Ci sono offerte esclusive riservate ai soci e suggerimenti per fantastiche occasioni gratuite da non perdere. Altri soci raccontano le loro abitudini di viaggio e i loro piani per avventure future. Infine, scoprirà anche come vivere appieno i suoi privilegi come socio dell’Executive Club.
That's all very well but my language preference is set to English and my Italian is a bit rudimentary. What should I be doing with Ian Rankin in Edinburgh and what is the fantastic occasion?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A little hello from me to the Account Director at BA's marketing agency, who'll no doubt be involved in a little meeting with BA on Monday morning to "discuss" this one.

Thank you for giving us something to all chat about on a Friday night.

Oh - and I got the email too now, so dont feel left out. Italian first, then English 2 mins later...
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lhr baby
Italian here too. It must be due diligence of the bmi website shenanigans prior to completing the purchase.
Let's just hope they don't end up using BD's social meeja team. Although I hear war between the west and Iran may be brewing, so time to get them out to THR.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:37 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 3:51 am
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I would like to record here, formally, that my last BA dribble-gram from Mr Hillier is date-stamped 16 November 2011 21:37:16 GMT

I am refreshing my In-Box, but nothing emerges. I shall now sulk, and mentally whack a passing teenager with my Zimmer-frame [mikey2124 exempt].

I though that we Shiny Silvers were viewed as valued customers, regardless of the language chosen for communication.

I shall apply for my Red Card in the morning.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have just received both! ( Italian first then English)

I could make out New York ,Edinburgh and Ian Rankin as well as " The Club"

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is some good content in the Club with a couple of interesting food recommendations for London that have gone into my little black book. Plus there is a picture of Nicci looking terribly serious.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:59 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 3:51 am
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Hello, I believe VS is a safe airline to fly with?

I have still had nothing from BA, and will therefore communicate with 'your' Flying Club thing in the morning. I have our old membership numbers, so I hope that will ease our transition to a 'different' style of travel to the US and Caribbean.

I shall now retire with some Vallium and Nurse. That may seem contradictory, but she says it helps.

Yours disgusted,

T8191
BAEC Silver, and Neglected.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
I had it in English before I had my dinner (delicious curry take away since you ask), and I was feeling a bit left out that I hadn't had the Italian version. But the Italian version has just arrived.

It's nice to see a picture of Nicci so I can put a face to the name. Are any of the frequent flyers on that page FTers?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot

Same here. I do feel rather privileged to be thought of as bilingual by BA.

T8191 If your last communication from Mr Hillier was on 16th November does this mean you didn't receive the one entitled "A free upgrade to First? Hurry, it can’t last." on the 23rd either?
(Sorry, couldn't resist winding you up more )
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It says "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...."
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:31 pm
uk1
Suspended

Who is Boutros Boutros Ghali?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.