Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost hand luggage...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Any thoughts?
"an older man in a suit", travelling in WT, was seen disembarking BA9 at BKK with an extra item of hand luggage and chuckling to himself.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA,AA
Smile

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
"an older man in a suit", travelling in WT, was seen disembarking BA9 at BKK with an extra item of hand luggage and chuckling to himself.
Lol - exactly my thoughts! "Bagging some trousers "to be the title
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
ROFL!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Simon,

There but for the grace of God, etc, but can I suggest that if you had noise-cancelling headphones, then it is likely that you at least had your bag on the flight (unless you made the whole flight without using them, or using only the supplied pair).

Good luck, and I hope your next flight is less eventful!
So I actually have two sets of noise cancelling earphones, one "on ear" (Bose QC3's) which I use while travelling, and one "in ear" which I use when the opportunity presents itself while working in the kind of open plan office that seems to be fashionable nowadays. The in ear ones are less obvious, and mean that I can zone out and concentrate without anyone really realising I'm doing so!

-simon
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Ah, I suspected that might be the case.

Good luck anyway.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:58 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Coming from SYD to JFK on QF/AA while connecting at SFO I put my QC3 bag on the back of the trolley, and the headphone bag had my ipod in it too. Went through security, and lo and behold I no longer had my headphones. Got the Admirals club to call through and nothing found. It happens to the best (or in my case, the worst!) of us. Hope you find it, or get it resolved soonest, Simon
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Related question. My bag was bought a couple of years ago in the states (in Austin, Texas) and I'm not sure how to go about finding a similar one. I am trying to find a replacement to buy here in Australia and use on the journey home (and claim on the travel insurance if they will let me), but I don't even know what to type into google to search for it! I'm hoping therefore that if I describe it, someone will tell me what to search for to find a replacement :-)

The bag was black leather, about 40cm wide by 30cm deep by 30cm high (going from memory). It had long handles at the top to hold, and a zip across the top in the middle, covered by a flap that closed down with velcro (it was very rain resistant). Most importantly, it had special straps on both sides to allow it to hook and hold onto the top of my rolling carry-on luggage. The side straps were held with velcro and could easily be attached to wider or narrower handles - you could feed the strap through one of a number of loops (as you would feed a belt through loops on a pair of trousers) which would determine the width, and then they would go around the handles and velcro-link together. I've used it with two or three different rolling bags and each time it achieved a snug fit.

So - anyone have *any* idea how I can find a replacement that works like this? Or at least something similar? Hopefully available in Sydney? :-)

-simon
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OPebble
Actually most big International Companies are self insured as the premiums would be crazy. Normally all you have to do is to get your boss to sign off your expense claim.
Not so sure about that. They don't come much bigger or more international than Shell, and loss of personal belongings was definitely not covered, as I found out to my cost only once during many hundreds of business trips.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Related question. My bag was bought a couple of years ago in the states (in Austin, Texas) and I'm not sure how to go about finding a similar one. I am trying to find a replacement to buy here in Australia and use on the journey home (and claim on the travel insurance if they will let me), but I don't even know what to type into google to search for it! I'm hoping therefore that if I describe it, someone will tell me what to search for to find a replacement :-)

The bag was black leather, about 40cm wide by 30cm deep by 30cm high (going from memory). It had long handles at the top to hold, and a zip across the top in the middle, covered by a flap that closed down with velcro (it was very rain resistant). Most importantly, it had special straps on both sides to allow it to hook and hold onto the top of my rolling carry-on luggage. The side straps were held with velcro and could easily be attached to wider or narrower handles - you could feed the strap through one of a number of loops (as you would feed a belt through loops on a pair of trousers) which would determine the width, and then they would go around the handles and velcro-link together. I've used it with two or three different rolling bags and each time it achieved a snug fit.

So - anyone have *any* idea how I can find a replacement that works like this? Or at least something similar? Hopefully available in Sydney? :-)

-simon
Decided to post this question in a more appropriate location (all advice from you guys welcome of course).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.