FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyds Avios credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1279751-lloyds-avios-credit-cards.html)

Cap'n Benj Mar 2, 2012 7:18 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18117026)
This sounds encouraging, although means I will have to get the two Avios.com accounts merged at some point, which might be a nuisance.

Its no problem at all, I did it yesterday after a second account was set up by Tesco for those Avios. The accounts were merged this AM.

Polomarc Mar 2, 2012 2:01 pm

Lloyds Amex or Standard BA Amex?

If anybody knows:
What is the main difference between the cards and which one does give you the most miles for the ££ you spend.
If you always want to pay back the credit to avoid the huge APR which card is the best?

Cheers

stifle Mar 2, 2012 2:37 pm

The non-fee version of each card gives the same amount of Avios. The fee-paying Lloyds Amex card gives 1.25 Avios per £ and the fee-paying Amex Amex card gives 1.5 Avios per £ (but the fee is higher).

COOLIO Mar 2, 2012 3:39 pm

Great news stifle.

Everyone's else, ow long did it take from application to the card arriving? I got a strange form through that wanted me to confirm my name, address and DOB. That was it. Just want to get the card and get spending. It's been about 2 weeks so far since I applied.

Polomarc Mar 3, 2012 1:49 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18120240)
The non-fee version of each card gives the same amount of Avios. The fee-paying Lloyds Amex card gives 1.25 Avios per £ and the fee-paying Amex Amex card gives 1.5 Avios per £ (but the fee is higher).

Thanks Stifle
The offer below, does it make the basic BA Amex more attractive or there is some fee involved?

"Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1000 within the first 3 months of
Cardmembership.¹"

Olly- Mar 3, 2012 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc (Post 18123252)
Thanks Stifle
The offer below, does it make the basic BA Amex more attractive or there is some fee involved?

"Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1000 within the first 3 months of
Cardmembership.¹"

If you get somebody to refer you to the basic BA Amex rather than applying directly you would get 10,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1000.

Polomarc Mar 3, 2012 2:40 am

Thanks, I only know a friend who has Amex blackcard or do they have to own the BA card and be UK resident?

Olly- Mar 3, 2012 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc (Post 18123367)
Thanks, I only know a friend who has Amex blackcard or do they have to own the BA card and be UK resident?

It needs to be a UK cardholder with a BA Amex or BA PP Amex. Somebody on here can refer you if you wish to take advantage of the offer, you only need to give them your name and email address and Amex will email you an application link to bag the bonus.

Polomarc Mar 3, 2012 3:14 am

Cheers Olly
FT's I would be grateful if anybody can refer me for the BA Amex card:)
Feel free to PM for the details needed.

Thanks again and the next lounge drink is on me :)

Olly- Mar 3, 2012 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc (Post 18123449)
Cheers Olly
FT's I would be grateful if anybody can refer me for the BA Amex card:)
Feel free to PM for the details needed.

Thanks again and the next lounge drink is on me :)

You have a PM!

Polomarc Mar 3, 2012 3:32 am

[B]Thanks Olly and Coolio.[B/]
Received both at the same time, picked one at random.
Own both of you a drink :)

britbronco22 Mar 4, 2012 12:55 pm

I now have a new problem, my card has stopped working in some places!!
This has happened 3 times now (MacDonalds in Germany and 2 petrol stations in Czech). I have used the card successfully in these places before, and it wasn't an Amex issue either as I used my Gold Card instead. I called Lloyds and they said there is no problem with account. I also managed to pay at my hotel today, so I really don't know what the problem is??
No major amounts, but the fuel bill would have been around 2,000 Avios

britbronco22 Mar 4, 2012 2:38 pm

Update: despite the assurances of the person I spoke to at Lloyds that everything was ok, it turns out there was an automated security call being made to my home address, to confirm some authorised transactions.
I have now called this number back and confirmed they were genuine, so maybe the block on my card will have been lifted at these locations now.

Olly- Mar 4, 2012 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 18133274)
Update: despite the assurances of the person I spoke to at Lloyds that everything was ok, it turns out there was an automated security call being made to my home address, to confirm some authorised transactions.
I have now called this number back and confirmed they were genuine, so maybe the block on my card will have been lifted at these locations now.

Nice to know one hand knows what the other is doing ;)

PanGalactic Mar 4, 2012 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 18133274)

Called Lloyds a couple of days ago to let them know we were going abroad in order to try to avoid any problems like this and was given a number to call in case of any problems, they also said we could reverse the charges if necessary.

The number is 01702 282 270. Planning to do some major foreign spend out here so I'll be pi$$ed if we get a security block and will not take no for an answer if the card doesn't work :)