FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyds Avios credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1279751-lloyds-avios-credit-cards.html)

Horris Nov 29, 2011 7:03 am

Originally Posted by jplondon (Post 17532657)
It also says 10 per pound during first three months, so seems capped at 10.

It doesn't - it says 10x more Avios, not 10 per pound. The T&Cs specifically state that it's 12.5 Avios on eligible spend in the first 3 months.

jplondon Nov 29, 2011 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Disco Volante (Post 17532688)
I think they must have been amended.

They now read "Eligible spend on the Duo Avios American Express card during the Qualifying period will collect 12.5 Avios points per £1" ie 10 x 1.25, and no mention of 10 points.

OK, wow, that's a lot of avios per pound.

dark_horse Nov 29, 2011 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Horris (Post 17531964)
Thanks for the clarification. I opened an avios.com account last night and transferred over 5 BA miles...

How did you do that? Was it via "Combine my Avios"?

I'm trying and failing at the moment. Putting in neither my BA.com login nor my BAEC number works; they both come back with one red error message or another. :confused:

Disco Volante Nov 29, 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Horris (Post 17532690)
It doesn't - it says 10x more Avios, not 10 per pound. The T&Cs specifically state that it's 12.5 Avios on eligible spend in the first 3 months.

They have been amended. They used to say

Eligible spend on the Duo Avios American Express card during the Qualifying period will collect 10 Avios points per £1.
Now they say

Eligible spend on the Duo Avios American Express card during the Qualifying period will collect 12.5 Avios points per £1.

janed9388 Nov 29, 2011 7:18 am

I think the Lloyds website must be overwhelmed, it keeps crashing when I try to apply. :(

Horris Nov 29, 2011 7:21 am

Originally Posted by dark_horse (Post 17532725)
How did you do that? Was it via "Combine my Avios"?

I'm trying and failing at the moment. Putting in neither my BA.com login nor my BAEC number works; they both come back with one red error message or another. :confused:

Yes - through 'Combine my Avios'. I entered my BA number and PIN and it asked me which way I wanted to transfer ie BA-Avios, or Avios-BA. Obviously I chose BA-Avios and put in 5 miles. Transfer showed up within a few hours (albeit that was overnight, it may show up even more quickly during the day).

Just logged into Avios and tried it again there and seems to be working fine (although I didn't go ahead and confirm the transfer of miles).

dark_horse Nov 29, 2011 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Horris (Post 17532805)
Yes - through 'Combine my Avios'. I entered my BA number and PIN

Thank you. I wonder if the problem is that I only use my password, rather than a PIN? That said, BA.com themselves say that they have moved to passwords now - at least, they do when I say that I've forgotten my PIN (even though I know my password).

Ah! No, actually there might be another reason. And it's called Euro-cheating... ;)

Edit: Yep, that's exactly the reason. My gf's account transferred seamlessly. Fine - the LTSB card can be in her name then, and she can have the Avios.

Paralytic Nov 29, 2011 7:35 am

I've just set up a new Avios account for my wife and transferred 5 BA miles over - all worked seamlessly.

harryljd Nov 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Re-application?

Hi,

I applied for this last week (21st) but was turned down - I'm guessing too many recent applications for other cards.

Does anyone know what the usual practice is for waiting and reapplying for a card again is? The offer states it runs until 28th February 2012 so if it was three months I could hopefully squeeze in.

Thanks in advance!

PanGalactic Nov 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by harryljd (Post 17535759)
I'm guessing too many recent applications for other cards.

Have you checked your credit report?

Globaliser Nov 30, 2011 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Horris (Post 17532547)
From the T&Cs it says:

Eligible spend on the Duo Avios American Express card during the Qualifying period will collect 12.5 Avios points per £1.

So definitely 12.5 Avios for first 3 months.

Thanks - I'm glad I asked, or I would never have seen the amendment that Disco Volante has noticed!

Disco Volante Nov 30, 2011 1:06 am

It was Horris who noticed the 12.5 Avios ^

JPS76 Dec 4, 2011 6:39 pm

still a little confused...

Guys/Gals,
Im just trying to get this straight in my head...so,

- 12.5 per 1GBP spent for the first 3 months
- Collect double Avios on spend abroad (is that 25 points per 1GBP?)
- I dont currently have an Avios account. Are the credit card points held in the Avios account, then you can transfer them to your BA account and pool with existing Avios (BA miles)? Or they sit in the Avios account and have to be redeemed from there?

Any help appreciated.
Thks

dark_horse Dec 5, 2011 1:49 am

Originally Posted by JPS76 (Post 17566808)
- 12.5 per 1GBP spent for the first 3 months

Correct.

- Collect double Avios on spend abroad (is that 25 points per 1GBP?)

One would presume so, but I'm not sure it has been confirmed.

- I dont currently have an Avios account. Are the credit card points held in the Avios account, then you can transfer them to your BA account and pool with existing Avios (BA miles)? Or they sit in the Avios account and have to be redeemed from there?

The first. You have two separate accounts (BAEC and Avios.com), but both use the same currency (Avios). You can transfer points back and forth between the two, so long as your BAEC account has you listed in the UK (at least, I think that was my problem).

Think of it a bit like the euro, where you have separate bank accounts in France and Germany but can put the same currency in either.

ab007 Dec 5, 2011 2:43 am

Originally Posted by harryljd (Post 17535759)
Hi,

I applied for this last week (21st) but was turned down - I'm guessing too many recent applications for other cards.

Does anyone know what the usual practice is for waiting and reapplying for a card again is? The offer states it runs until 28th February 2012 so if it was three months I could hopefully squeeze in.

Thanks in advance!

There's no generic rule, it depends on your personal circumstances. Fact is applying for cards hits your rating, so the sooner you apply the less likely you'll be approved... so you just wanna wait as long as possible.