FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyds Avios credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1279751-lloyds-avios-credit-cards.html)

Olly- Feb 25, 2012 4:53 am

Originally Posted by SteveF (Post 18078811)
What are the positive or negative implications of selecting my Lloyds Amex in preference to my bank account when making an eBay payment through PayPal?

Nothing negative - all positive. Do it!

Does Amex still convert to US$ and then back to sterling?
Not any more, no.

And is it then processed as an overseas transaction (=25 Avios per £)?
Or is it just processed as a normal purchase (=12.5 Avios per £)?
I'm pretty sure that it'll earn 12.5 Avios unless it's a foreign currency purchase and you tell PayPal to charge you in the original currency rather than converting it themselves.

Or does it appear as a cash advance and incur charges as a result :eek:?
Nope, it'll appear as a regular purchase.

wilko1 Feb 25, 2012 6:00 am

And so the Lloyds TSB saga continues...

Despite telling them I wanted to cancel my application, a card pops through my door last week. Oh well, I've gone through a lot to get it, I may as well use it even with its stingy £1500 limit. So I activate it as required.

First use - declined. And again. Then I get a phone call from Lloyds telling me I must call an 0845 number (at 35ppm from my mobile) to confirm some recent transactions. These are not high value transactions. But as I have JUST activated it, confirming my identity on the call, a little annoying.

Then I call to check I am getting 10x bonus as I see the problems everyone is having. They put me through to Avios, who say it is nothing to do with them, I should contact Lloyds. On (re-)contacting Lloyds, they say it is nothing to do with them, but they will put me through to Avios. AARGH!

Interestingly, a credit for 358 Avios has appeared in my avios account from Lloyds. This must be the amount for the first few transactions. But no sign of the 10x bonus. And I cannot check it on the Lloyds website, as I cannot log in as they haven't sent me my username.

All I can say is I am so glad I do not bank with Lloyds normally. What a mess that would end in...

sivam Feb 25, 2012 9:41 am

Similar saga for me as well.

I got the premium card and received the standard Avios miles last week but not the bonus. I called Avios today who asked me to call LloydsTSB. The chap at Lloyds informed me that I may not be eligible for the bonus in view of previous Airmiles card but I disputed that it wasn't in the terms. He asked me to send an email to Avios but gave me a wrong address - I have sent an email to the address I got from MSE

[email protected]

I will let you know the outcome in due course.

Siva

PanGalactic Feb 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by wilko1 (Post 18078961)
Then I call to check I am getting 10x bonus as I see the problems everyone is having. They put me through to Avios, who say it is nothing to do with them, I should contact Lloyds. On (re-)contacting Lloyds, they say it is nothing to do with them, but they will put me through to Avios. AARGH!

I'm probably going to be put through the same "loop" as this on monday when I get Mrs P to call for the same reason.

The only way I got to find out I was disqualified from the 10,000 bonus offer I took was by doing a DYKWIA on the phone and making it a "complaint". After being put on hold for a good 20 minutes they came back and gave me the bad news.

If I do get the loop treatment on Monday I will just send a "letter of complaint", ask the question in the letter and then hopefully get a response back in writing within 7 days as they are supposed to write back within that timeframe.

DYKWIA Feb 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by wilko1 (Post 18078961)

Same thing happened to me. You can't seem to talk to anyone who knows anything. I think I'll write to them and see if that produces anything.

PanGalactic Feb 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 18081719)
Same thing happened to me. You can't seem to talk to anyone who knows anything. I think I'll write to them and see if that produces anything.

Make sure your question forms part of a "complaint" letter, and send to the credit cards complaints department as they have to respond to these or they can get into trouble.

A normal letter just asking will probably get ignored.

stifle Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 18081507)
I'm probably going to be put through the same "loop" as this on monday when I get Mrs P to call for the same reason.

The only way I got to find out I was disqualified from the 10,000 bonus offer I took was by doing a DYKWIA on the phone and making it a "complaint". After being put on hold for a good 20 minutes they came back and gave me the bad news.

If I do get the loop treatment on Monday I will just send a "letter of complaint", ask the question in the letter and then hopefully get a response back in writing within 7 days as they are supposed to write back within that timeframe.

They only have to acknowledge it within seven days. They have eight weeks to send a final response.

pazza2000 Feb 26, 2012 6:44 am

Sorry to ask again...

When do the Avios post in relation to statement date? Also, for those of you who are receiving the bonus correctly, are they being applied with the standard miles or at a later date.

Seems like a nightmare this card, although with only a few more days until this offer expires (and likely will not be around again anytime soon) I am considering going for it.

britbronco22 Feb 26, 2012 7:42 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 18083930)
Sorry to ask again...

When do the Avios post in relation to statement date? Also, for those of you who are receiving the bonus correctly, are they being applied with the standard miles or at a later date.

Seems like a nightmare this card, although with only a few more days until this offer expires (and likely will not be around again anytime soon) I am considering going for it.

Base miles post within a day or too of the statement date. Bonus miles post later, 28 days in month one, 4 days in month two.

louie-m Feb 26, 2012 9:03 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 18083930)

You've got until 29 March (in case you thought it was 29 February).

pazza2000 Feb 27, 2012 2:10 am

Originally Posted by louie-m (Post 18084490)
You've got until 29 March (in case you thought it was 29 February).

Thanks. I did think it was Feb 29, no need to rush into it then.

dddc Feb 27, 2012 3:42 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 18084159)
Base miles post within a day or too of the statement date. Bonus miles post later, 28 days in month one, 4 days in month two.

Mine appeared on the bottom of my Lloyds statement, first the standard amount, then a line for the bonus followed by the total. Appeared in my Avios account as one amount a day later. I didn't have to chase for the bonus points, but I did have to chase for the card.

smckay Feb 27, 2012 3:55 am

Month 2 base points have appeared in my Avios account but no 5x bonus for month 1 or month 2 as yet! :(

Emails sat with both Lloyds and Avios asking why no bonus points have posted.

kpriestnal Feb 27, 2012 4:14 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 18081719)

Yes, I agree. I will give them 30 days from the statement date and then write. Does anyone have an address? Cant seem to find it on their web site.

kpriestnal Feb 27, 2012 4:19 am

Originally Posted by kpriestnal (Post 18088734)
Yes, I agree. I will give them 30 days from the statement date and then write. Does anyone have an address? Cant seem to find it on their web site.

Ok. Finally found it:

Lloyds Banking group
Customer Services
BX1 1LT

It does say it would be helpful if you rang first to discuss the problem. Well I think we have all done that!