Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs not in the CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Celebs not in the CCR

Now that any old person with 2K to knock down can use the Heathrow by Invitation service, are we seeing less celebs in the CCR.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
No. But you might be seeing fewer.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:25 am

Judging by the recent sights on the Celeb thread: some of them may be less celebs
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Celebrity is often in the eye of the person who thinks they are one.

I only recognised "Milliband 2" in T5 Galleries North because I had his picture attached to a dartboard.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
My fiancee recognized Giuliana Rancic in from "Fashion Police" in the Flounge a few weeks ago, and got all giggly, and we saw Andy Roddick ahead of us at F check-in after Wimbledon, but I've never noticed anyone of particular note in the CCR. Then again, I'm a Yank, so spotting a British celeb might go right over my head.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Any really important person will be in one of the terminal VIP suites (not the same as the 'by Invitation' lounges).
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
My fiancee recognized Giuliana Rancic in from "Fashion Police" in the Flounge a few weeks ago, and got all giggly, and we saw Andy Roddick ahead of us at F check-in after Wimbledon, but I've never noticed anyone of particular note in the CCR. Then again, I'm a Yank, so spotting a British celeb might go right over my head.
Don't worry, there are probably 1,234,567 US "celebrities" we've never heard of either.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by stifle:17412970
Oooooh!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by stifle
Couldn't agree more. Tesco are still x items or less but Waitrose have progressed to x items or fewer ^

Latest bugbear - use of the word 'hard' as opposed to 'difficult'. Everything is so hard these days...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Genius1
Any really important person will be in one of the terminal VIP suites (not the same as the 'by Invitation' lounges).
I thought those were for royalty, heads of government, that sort of thing, who need serious security protection in particular. Not mere "celebs" which to me suggests a rather lower status.

Of course the seriously rich tend to fly privately, even long-haul. I suppose that leaves a class of real A-list "celebs" (like Madonna and Elton John, say) who might get a bit too much attention for the CCR. Would they get a terminal VIP suite?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Couldn't agree more. Tesco are still x items or less but Waitrose have progressed to x items or fewer ^.
I think you will find it is more natural to say n items or fewer, although items might well weigh x kg.

And M&S certainly had n items or fewer when I was an undergraduate and it was first pointed out to me, around twenty years ago. Waitrose only opened up in Cambridge much later, and right on the outskirts, so I can't say what they did then.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
I thought those were for royalty, heads of government, that sort of thing, who need serious security protection in particular. Not mere "celebs" which to me suggests a rather lower status.

Of course the seriously rich tend to fly privately, even long-haul. I suppose that leaves a class of real A-list "celebs" (like Madonna and Elton John, say) who might get a bit too much attention for the CCR. Would they get a terminal VIP suite?
When i used the word celebs i was thinking more along the lines of real A-listers like Madge, Elton John, Brangelina and not Hugo and Spencer from Made in Chelsea or some X-factor reject. Would SS just dump them in the CCR or would they automatically be offered somewhere even more private. Although reading the celebs on BA thread it sounds like the CCR gets is fair share of A-list megastars in there.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A List celebs, if not flying private or using the Invitation service, would be at the mercy of the airline lounges.

The terminal suites, as pointed out, are just for the very important people agreed in advance (ie. not celebs as such, but govt officials and royalty). The Royal Suite is used less often.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
the one thing sure to put my teeth on edge. Although a friend did tell me the other day that he'd seen less grammatical mistakes in the Mail lately...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Tesco naysayer...?

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Couldn't agree more. Tesco are still x items or less but Waitrose have progressed to x items or fewer ^

Latest bugbear - use of the word 'hard' as opposed to 'difficult'. Everything is so hard these days...
Not true I'm afraid....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-campaign.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.