Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chance of AVOD in WT+

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
First GMIS B777 (G-RAES) is now in for Thales upgrade.
Excellent news!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
This thread has inspired the writing of a Guide to BA's 777 fleet. Should be published tomorrow after a little more research.
Good luck. ^
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
This thread has inspired the writing of a Guide to BA's 777 fleet.
Great idea! ^
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
I flew recently (26th Oct) LGW/MCO WT+ and it confirmed my view that, as per many of the 777 fleet flights I have taken over the years , the letters AR should be added to AVOD

AVOD - AR, to signify AFTER REBOOT. I've lost count of the number of times the system starts, stops and the CSD has to make the announcement that they are "just" rebooting the system and it should be back in a few minutes. (For few read 15-20 minutes in my experience). I feel sorry for the CC who have to deal with this far too frequently, and, as an electronics engineer myself I'm always forced to think (quietly) to myself - I do hope they have a better experience with the avionics up front.

In general terms, I like the distraction provided by any AVOD, and it certainly makes for a more enjoyable trip when travelling with my daughter, but if I really wanted to enjoy a film I'd go to the cinema.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
In general terms, I like the distraction provided by any AVOD, and it certainly makes for a more enjoyable trip when travelling with my daughter, but if I really wanted to enjoy a film I'd go to the cinema.
If I really wanted fine dining, I'd go to a restaurant. If I really wanted a good night's sleep, I'd go to my own bed. None of these features of flying are the reason we are on the plane, but they do make the experience less arduous and are missed when promised but not delivered.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
James S

of course you are right - and I too expect that services promised should be services delivered.

sorry if I was being too flipant re the cinema.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately I've found out the answer to my question now - no AVOD on flight.

I do feel for the cabin crew - although my tv system was fine,my wife's had quite a few problems as did many others. They were very apologetic and all mentioned their own frustration that they were stuck with such an old system. They said they have had a demo unit in their office for month of the new WT+ system but no really seen it on any aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.