Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:48 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by squeeler
Interesting. Do they inform you if slipping to the depths of unpolished gold is imminent?
Heavens no! Note to BA: it really would be helpful if the Gold and GGL membership years were synchronised. I only found out about the unsynched by accident; I'd actually missed the target for the year but some negotiation had it renewed. (This has happened twice in a row - no chance of keeping it up this year.)

As others have said, near zero recognition of status except for three upgrades in a row recently, each the magic J to F.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:02 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by Lux
Heavens no! Note to BA: it really would be helpful if the Gold and GGL membership years were synchronised.
It would be even more helpful if the Gold, GGL and CCRC years where all synced. Having three different membership years for the same program is a bit silly.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:04 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I've had a comment made to me once or twice, once on way to HKG and once on way to HAM when the CC said with a wink - 97 flights this year then? I've only ever had the 1 op-up - heading to Asia tomorrow will be on the 777 flight tomorrow which looks pretty busy - will be hoping the upgrade Gods are smiling.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:22 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by eae
It would be even more helpful if the Gold, GGL and CCRC years where all synced. Having three different membership years for the same program is a bit silly.
Quite so! Although I earned GGL and the CCR card at the same time so that was a small mercy (and, as has been discussed at length before, the latter is of dubious benefit).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lux
Heavens no! Note to BA: it really would be helpful if the Gold and GGL membership years were synchronised. I only found out about the unsynched by accident; I'd actually missed the target for the year but some negotiation had it renewed. (This has happened twice in a row - no chance of keeping it up this year.)

As others have said, near zero recognition of status except for three upgrades in a row recently, each the magic J to F.
The worst was my first year when my joker expired as i thought the GGl year was syncd with my membership year! Still today, you need to ask twice as to when your year expires as it can be complicated to the GGL staff too. At first, some seemed to think it was syncd, others thought it ran Jan-Dec and a select few knew the correct month.

I too enjoy a CCR card with a CIV of 097 and although i do not experience op-ups often, i find that the CSD will make effort on almost any demand including messaging earth (request to the pilot) on a very rare occasion. At this level, attention in the CCR is excellent but that's down to the staff seeing me more than my kids
Checkin and on the ground generally, well that's a different story - i find the ground staff to be totally uninterested in making things work. This is so in contrast with the likes of Virgin and Lufthansa where the ground staff are no less devoted than the cabin crew.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:19 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by DFB_london

At 5,000 TP you may also be headign to a Concorde Room card - which puts you into the top 700 or so BA passengers. This can be very useful in irregular ops at LHR T5 or JFK.
5000 TP does get a CCR card, buts it's valued for you only, no guests. If you fly F anyway, it's a bit of a WOT. 4500 for a GCH partner is worth it.

GGL team are great for the joker redemption, you may want to try harder for available fares

TBH, there is only so many CSD chats you want really, and I fly for the bed, not the food anyhow.

Oh, did I mention the JW Blue???
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:54 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Well the upgrade gods did indeed smile and as it is a new 777 it's NF. Also looks like a good proactive crew. All members of crew have introduced themselves by name before champagne has even been offered. CSD plus all 3 First crew members. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.