Wiki Posts
Search

Radio channels in T5 Flounge showers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Radio channels in T5 Flounge showers

So I'm back in T5 en route to GLA having left JFK last night. (Dreadful flight since you asked - sat in 35D, IFE dead, overhead light didn't work, crew call button didn't work, crew not in the least interested in dealing with any of this.) Just had a shower and for the first time turned the radio on.

Who on earth decided on the channel selections? From what I could tell I had BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 3 (or could've been Classic FM) and CBeebies Radio!

Couldn't we at least get Radio 4? After a week of suffering what passes for news in the US the Today programme would've been a most welcome change - certainly better than The Fimbles on Cbeebies (and yes, I am concerned that I knew what it was )

tf
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Consider yourself lucky that the radio actually worked!

I find that I can only get anything about 50% of the time.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I think you forgot a channel...The famous burping shower channel
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
I normally manage to find radio 1 to ease me back into the country.

cs
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Twoflower
Couldn't we at least get Radio 4?
Amen to that.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I could have sworn I have heard radio 4 in the showers before. Or maybe it was a cabana.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
(Dreadful flight since you asked - sat in 35D, IFE dead, overhead light didn't work, crew call button didn't work, crew not in the least interested in dealing with any of this.)
Crew do not have a clue about how to fix the electrics. They know how to reboot a system but that is about it. It is pain but I dont blame them. Not many of us know how to fix the wiring in our own homes.

I have suffered weird electrics on board myself; normally when I fly F for some reason. Overhead light coming one and going off automatically for some reason.

All they can do is write a report for the engineers to fix it.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
So I'm back in T5 en route to GLA having left JFK last night. (Dreadful flight since you asked - sat in 35D, IFE dead, overhead light didn't work, crew call button didn't work, crew not in the least interested in dealing with any of this.) Just had a shower and for the first time turned the radio on.

Who on earth decided on the channel selections? From what I could tell I had BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 3 (or could've been Classic FM) and CBeebies Radio!

Couldn't we at least get Radio 4? After a week of suffering what passes for news in the US the Today programme would've been a most welcome change - certainly better than The Fimbles on Cbeebies (and yes, I am concerned that I knew what it was )
tf
Classic FM? Yuk, I thought there was Radio 4 in showers.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I could have sworn I have heard radio 4 in the showers before. Or maybe it was a cabana.
There's definitely Radio 4 in the arrivals cabanas - had a very pleasant bath in there, accompanied by Radio 4 and a copy of the Torygraph not so long ago
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Consider yourself lucky that the radio actually worked!
my thoughts exactly! I can't remember the last time I actually managed to get it to work, including last Monday.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by BotB
I think you forgot a channel...The famous burping shower channel
neither is unique to the Flounge, had the same problems in arrivals this morning, 3 of the channels were the same thing ...all rubbish
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
From what I could tell I had BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 3 (or could've been Classic FM) and CBeebies Radio!
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Classic FM? Yuk, I thought there was Radio 4 in showers.
It's not Classic FM; it's definitely Radio 3.

I wouldn't actually mind Classic FM too much. It's my normal choice of aural wallpaper at home. But Radio 3 is absolutely fine by me.

I also thought that there was Radio 4, but it could well have been in the Arrivals Lounge showers.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's not Classic FM; it's definitely Radio 3.

I wouldn't actually mind Classic FM too much. It's my normal choice of aural wallpaper at home. But Radio 3 is absolutely fine by me.

I also thought that there was Radio 4, but it could well have been in the Arrivals Lounge showers.
Aah yes now I think about it some more, it may have been the arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.