Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
GGL Question

I'm not quite clear from the dashboard: Does one attain GGL only after two consecutive years at 3000TP's, or after accruing that number within a period of two years? I assume the former, but being a month from crossing that threshold, (and then some,) only about halfway through my membership year, I'm naturally curious.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:14 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
I'm not quite clear from the dashboard: Does one attain GGL only after two consecutive years at 3000TP's, or after accruing that number within a period of two years? I assume the former, but being a month from crossing that threshold, (and then some,) only about halfway through my membership year, I'm naturally curious.
You get it if you get more than 3000TPs in two successive years or if you get 5000TPs in one year
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
You get it if you get more than 3000TPs in two successive years or if you get 5000TPs in one year
I'm almost sick enough to consider another TP run in that case.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

The annual revenue class award redemption is still operative for GGL yes? If so, I think I will have to go for it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:43 am
Lux

If you earn 5,000 TPs in a year, then you will be promoted from the point at which this happens. Your GGL year is separate from your BA Exec Club membership year (under the existing formulation - this may change in November, which would be sensible) but this is shown NOWHERE on the web or on writing - you have to ask the GGL team themselves when your GGL year ends.

Kafkaesque!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
TPs in general count, not just from BA, why not consider going somewhere you actually want to see instead of just a tp run ?

how many short are you ?

cs
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:51 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lux
If you earn 5,000 TPs in a year, then you will be promoted from the point at which this happens. Your GGL year is separate from your BA Exec Club membership year (under the existing formulation - this may change in November, which would be sensible) but this is shown NOWHERE on the web or on writing - you have to ask the GGL team themselves when your GGL year ends.

Kafkaesque!
Interesting. Do they inform you if slipping to the depths of unpolished gold is imminent?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
UK or EU member? That makes a difference (until Nov 16) I believe.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
TPs in general count, not just from BA, why not consider going somewhere you actually want to see instead of just a tp run ?

how many short are you ?

cs
After my upcoming, regularly scheduled travel, I'll be about 1,000 short with several months left. I have some US travel planned in the spring, and will probably just add a weekend AA TP run to cross 5000.

The joker is my main motivation here, as we have a honeymoon coming up in May/June, and would love to use it for LON-SYD in J with a GUF2 to F.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
After my upcoming, regularly scheduled travel, I'll be about 1,000 short with several months left. I have some US travel planned in the spring, and will probably just add a weekend AA TP run to cross 5000.

The joker is my main motivation here, as we have a honeymoon coming up in May/June, and would love to use it for LON-SYD in J with a GUF2 to F.
A word of encouragement but also caution. The GGL redemption 'Joker' still requires 'D' booking class seats to be available in Clubworld (and A class in first, I think).

If D is all sold, or none is released by rev mgt, and they're only selling C or J booking class fare buckets the joker won't work.

You'll thus still need to be very careful and flexible on your dates. Also this only applies to BA metal (not QF metal) so plan as far ahead as possible.

Thats said it is a great benefit (if only 'cause BA is so tight on redemptions). The GGL team are also excellent, and in irreg ops make a huge difference. GGL is worth having for that, in my view.

At 5,000 TP you may also be headign to a Concorde Room card - which puts you into the top 700 or so BA passengers. This can be very useful in irregular ops at LHR T5 or JFK.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Having been a GGL/CCR for several years... good on redemption side. However, I have not seen any recognition from staff in the air or on the ground. I am told there is nothing in the record that shows status other than Gold.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Having been a GGL/CCR for several years... good on redemption side. However, I have not seen any recognition from staff in the air or on the ground. I am told there is nothing in the record that shows status other than Gold.
but you have a higher CIV
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFB_london
A word of encouragement but also caution. The GGL redemption 'Joker' still requires 'D' booking class seats to be available in Clubworld (and A class in first, I think).

If D is all sold, or none is released by rev mgt, and they're only selling C or J booking class fare buckets the joker won't work.

You'll thus still need to be very careful and flexible on your dates. Also this only applies to BA metal (not QF metal) so plan as far ahead as possible.

Thats said it is a great benefit (if only 'cause BA is so tight on redemptions). The GGL team are also excellent, and in irreg ops make a huge difference. GGL is worth having for that, in my view.

At 5,000 TP you may also be headign to a Concorde Room card - which puts you into the top 700 or so BA passengers. This can be very useful in irregular ops at LHR T5 or JFK.
Thanks for the info......I was aware of the D-bucket requirement, but we are fairly flexible, so I'm hoping it won't be a major hurdle. It's entirely possible that I might just choose to book a revenue F ticket with a Middle Eastern carrier if they start offering the nutty fares from places like Athens that we saw last year, and save the joker for future use. In any case, given that I'm probably only about 1000TP's short after my scheduled flying, I think the TP run will be worth it for the extra bennies and the CCR card.

Of course, BA is slick....the addiction will then grow worse, and it'll be 3000TP's a year henceforth.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Not quite. If you like me you manage a peek at the PNR on board it will say:

Mr Pax Name 097
**BA Gold Club**

beside it, which seems to only go beside the 97 CIV scores (which is what most GGL get (a small few are 98s). (Prems are 99 btw) (Gold cards simply seem to get 'BA Gold/Emerald' instead)

The 97 is a v clear signal you are GGL - but it does seem to get ignored by many crews.

I sometimes also find JFK have added a Concorde Card comment too. When that happens it seems to have more (but still not always) impact on some CSDs. (Though in my experience there is still a large minority who should be manged out of the fleet asap, but that's another topic...)
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
beside it, which seems to only go beside the 97 CIV scores (which is what most GGL get (a small few are 98s). (Prems are 99 btw) (Gold cards simply seem to get 'BA Gold/Emerald' instead)
All BAEC pax should have something more like:

MR PAX NAME xxx/OW STATUS

e.g.

MR G-BOAC 097/EMERALD

All BAEC members have a score, other OW members don't. PREM is 100.

The 97 is a v clear signal you are GGL - but it does seem to get ignored by many crews.
Agreed! Some crew have no idea what it means, some have the general idea that 'very high is very good' and a handful know exactly what it means. I don't bring it up unless I'm specifically trying to check it to be sure it's not changed a couple of times a year, but I've had some crew comment directly on it to me before. I've also seen in the F galley for example that for me and another pax had "97!!!" written and circled by our seats for the meal orders which I assume was to ensure we got first choice. Some crew will point out pax aren't even meant to know they exist, much less know any details

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.