FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL Question
Thread: GGL Question
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:49 am
Habemuspapam

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by DFB_london
A word of encouragement but also caution. The GGL redemption 'Joker' still requires 'D' booking class seats to be available in Clubworld (and A class in first, I think).

If D is all sold, or none is released by rev mgt, and they're only selling C or J booking class fare buckets the joker won't work.

You'll thus still need to be very careful and flexible on your dates. Also this only applies to BA metal (not QF metal) so plan as far ahead as possible.

Thats said it is a great benefit (if only 'cause BA is so tight on redemptions). The GGL team are also excellent, and in irreg ops make a huge difference. GGL is worth having for that, in my view.

At 5,000 TP you may also be headign to a Concorde Room card - which puts you into the top 700 or so BA passengers. This can be very useful in irregular ops at LHR T5 or JFK.
Thanks for the info......I was aware of the D-bucket requirement, but we are fairly flexible, so I'm hoping it won't be a major hurdle. It's entirely possible that I might just choose to book a revenue F ticket with a Middle Eastern carrier if they start offering the nutty fares from places like Athens that we saw last year, and save the joker for future use. In any case, given that I'm probably only about 1000TP's short after my scheduled flying, I think the TP run will be worth it for the extra bennies and the CCR card.

Of course, BA is slick....the addiction will then grow worse, and it'll be 3000TP's a year henceforth.