Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New look EC cards on the way

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
As a service to those who don't read the Business Traveller forum, here's a posting from this afternoon:

Originally Posted by Business Traveller Forum - "JamesBAGold"
A friend got hold of the new edition of BA's monthy in house employee magazine "Up To Speed" yesterday which I was briefly looking at last night. It has a feature on the new Executive Club from page 20 onwards with photos of the new look cards for each tier plus the new Concorde Lounge card (a whitish cream colour).

There is also a new Gold Guest List Card which is the same as the Gold Card but with GL in small letters in the top right hand corner.
Make of that what you will.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Do I care what the colour is or what the card looks like - NO, not really.

Do I care that the BA service and rewards for loyalty are better than the rest - YES.
To an extent I agree with you.

However I also think that and airline that invests in attention to detail and getting everything right is likely to offer a much better experience than one that is inclined to cut a few corners.

It is the same with the boarding cards. Every time BA issues one of those flimsy black and white boarding cards a little bit of the brand dies. They should be printed with dark ink on colour card and differentiated by class - Blue for WT and WTP, Navy for CW and Silver for F.

So all things considered I have to disagree I am afraid.

As Sir Humphrey might say, it is "the thin end of the wedge".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.