Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When did CE catering get so bad?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by OPebble
Doesn't sound too good, but I thought the Service Manual doesn't prescribe a bar round before Lunch in Band 3. But I could be wrong!
Didn't the bands all change anyway though?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by globalste
Didn't the bands all change anyway though?
No. Or not in the last 18 months anyhow.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No. Or not in the last 18 months anyhow.
They changed slightly. There never used to be 3A or 3B, but when they removed sandwiches and replaced with Birdseed Band 3 was split into 2 so that Band 3B would have a sarnie at certain times of the day.

This only affected ET though, CE remained the same.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:34 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Petrus
Good news re. catering: The dreaded finger stick sandwhiches served as part of Afternoon Tea have now been replaced with this:

Far tastier and acually a little more filling. Crew on this flight was outstanding.
It was the same old horrible finger stick sanswiches on my LHR - ARN flight yesterday.

I tend to order a 'seafood meal' instead of the standard meal on a catering band 3B CE flight.

It will usually be something like a salad with either 3 prawns or some smoked salmon, with dressing and a bread roll.

bjorns
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:40 am

Well thats a real shame. FYI the sector on which the photo was taken was ex-ARN. Perhaps we were just lucky. Let us know if you keep getting the fingers on your Afternoon flights please bjorns.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Its interesting that CW LCY serve two lots of scones on their flights as part of the second service, yet CE only serve one on a flight that only has a single service. But I suppose you got apple pie as well..

I say interesting, I really mean "cheap"
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:46 am

Well thats a real shame. FYI the sector on which the photo was taken was ex-ARN. Perhaps we were just lucky. Let us know if you keep getting the fingers on your Afternoon flights please bjorns.
We got the two finger sandwiches on the PRG flight last week, not the offering in your picture. I didn't mind them to be honest could just have done with a third one. Plenty of scones though!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:52 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Will do, though it'll be another two weeks until I've got an afternoon tea flight next.

I've ordered the 'seafood meal' for my afternoon tea flights until the end of the year, but I'll keep an eye out for what others get served.

Looking at your picture, they tray looks like a catering band 2 tray (slightly narrower than a catering band 3B tray).

P.S. Thinking of going to the Tudor on Thursday after work.

bjorns
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by globalste
Its interesting that CW LCY serve two lots of scones on their flights as part of the second service, yet CE only serve one on a flight that only has a single service. But I suppose you got apple pie as well..
I don't see CW-LCY being comparable to CE to be honest.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CE last night was pretty flawless. Hot towel and menu before take off, drinks and canapes, food, more drinks, tea, coffee, more drinks. 3 empty seats in 11 rows of Club, all delivered in a professional and friendly way by the CSD and 1.5 crew.

By some lucky co-incidence the pork belly had been loaded (normally a pork free trip to IST) so I was able to enjoy one of the tastiest things I've eaten on BA in years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.